Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I am not sure what they really could have done with it short of rebuilding it.

There is probably a code related reason why they cannot operate the streetcar platform while working on the exit however. I may be wrong but I don't think there is another exit out of the platform without running down the tunnel.
One also assumes that it will need to be rebuilt when the Union Station streetcar loop is rebuilt in the next few years (one hopes) for the QQE streetcar. Probably no point in doing work on it now.

They have done some concrete repairs to it but as long as the east Bay Teamway is under construction I suspect they will not do more to the west one - and may never get around to it, for all I know.

West Teamway is horrible and looks like a 3rd world country. And not to mention, the entire Bay underpass. It needs to be fixed up like Simcoe.

West Teamway is horrible and looks like a 3rd world country. And not to mention, the entire Bay underpass. It needs to be fixed up like Simcoe.
It is not in great shape but 'third world"?? Metrolinx have just finished completely fixing up the Bay road underpass so I assume you have not been there recently - it does not look as 'good' as Simcoe but that's because it is built differently. They are currently fixing up Yonge.

It is not in great shape but 'third world"?? Metrolinx have just finished completely fixing up the Bay road underpass so I assume you have not been there recently - it does not look as 'good' as Simcoe but that's because it is built differently. They are currently fixing up Yonge.
Yeah I haven't been there in more than a year...

They have done some concrete repairs to it but as long as the east Bay Teamway is under construction I suspect they will not do more to the west one - and may never get around to it, for all I know.

Are there any plans to do any further work to the Bay West and York East Teamways? Are the floors and ceilings going to be left as is?

The Bay East teamway is currently getting renovated, I think as part of the CIBC Square project and is looking pretty nice from the pics that were posted in the CIBC Square thread.

And what's with all the wood coverings around the bus shelter on the Bay moat?

Last edited:
Are there any plans to do any further work to the Bay West and York East Teamways? Are the floors and ceilings going to be left as is?

The Bay East teamway is currently getting renovated, I think as part of the CIBC Square project and is looking pretty nice from the pics that were posted in the CIBC Square thread.

And what's with all the wood coverings around the bus shelter on the Bay moat?
It was covered to protect it while they tiled the Moat floors. They un-tented the Moat last week so one assumes the shelter will be un-boarded soon enough. (I assume you mean the emergency exit structure?)

I was at Union taking photos of the Bay Moat Thurs evening too. Looking at your photos, I noticed I was in one of them. So I went back to my photos and realized you're in mine.

View attachment 308253

It was covered to protect it while they tiled the Moat floors. They un-tented the Moat last week so one assumes the shelter will be un-boarded soon enough. (I assume you mean the emergency exit structure?)
Thanks...didn't know that was the emergency exit shelter.

I was at Union taking photos of the Bay Moat Thurs evening too. Looking at your photos, I noticed I was in one of them. So I went back to my photos and realized you're in mine.

Incredible! It's neat how the guy in the beige sweater and tripod is in both sets of photos, to confirm they were taken moments apart.

Also @mburrrrr , your dog is ridiculously cute.

Back