Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

^Nice view. It only gets worse noise wise, so I highly recommend you get a box of these to wear at work: http://www.uline.ca/BL_1070/Laser-Trak-Metal-Detectable-Ear-Plugs You can still hear your co-workers talking directly to you but they really dampen annoying industrial noise--I sleep with them on to avoid the Address at High Park and TTC noise, etc.

This is going up right across from work, my cubicle has a partial view outside west.

These were taken Wednesday and Thursday last week. Any ideas how to reduce the glare from the office furniture?

5362213108_e556533b98_b.jpg

My only advice is to put the camera right up against the glass, or as close as possible to it. That often blocks the reflections behind the camera.

The noise from the pile driving is very annoying in my office, but I can't complain about the view (for now).

I hear ya! I work from home and have dealt with the noise from Couture for the last 6 months. It's especially bad when it's warmer out because you have your windows open and the noise is amplified. Of course, I expected this, so I can't complain much. I really do feel sorry for those living right next door to the X2 construction site. I think urbandreamer's 'ear plug' purchase might be in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya! I work from home and have dealt with the noise from Couture for the last 6 months. It's especially bad when it's warmer out because you have your windows open and the noise is amplified. Of course, I expected this, so I can't complain much. I really do feel sorry for those living right next door to the X2 construction site. I think urbandreamer's 'ear plug' purchase might be in order.

Indeed. I lived at 235 Bloor, south view, 20th floor, while the Couture site was being torn down. The noise was irritating as hell. Being up high doesn't help at all. It's what started MY earplug habit, that I've kept up to this day.

Indeed. I lived at 235 Bloor, south view, 20th floor, while the Couture site was being torn down. The noise was irritating as hell. Being up high doesn't help at all. It's what started MY earplug habit, that I've kept up to this day.

Hey, where can I find some good earplugs?

I guess it's a bargain if one doesn't think the others (One Bedford, Crystal Blu, 300 Front and ICE ) are over-priced in the first place.

I will give U the added feature of being amongst lower UofT buildings on the west side, but that won't last more than the next decade. The university has plans to build a few towers along Wellesley, Queen's Park and St. Mary's, but I can't recall their heights. Plus the parking lot on the south side of St. Joseph and perhaps Bistro 990 will also be developed with more towers.

Where can I go to find out more about these potential developments. Any proposals out?

Many thanks - Cate

Last edited by a moderator:

Back