Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Why? There's townhouse stuff on similarly-scaled arteries in the Magnificent Mile area...

I also hate the townhouses on bay street... it makes it feel like a suburb, the podium really sucks cause of it. I wanted to see some sorta glass podium here with retail. (think a smaller retail version of aura's podium)

Why? There's townhouse stuff on similarly-scaled arteries in the Magnificent Mile area...

Because its Bay Street.... Need I say more? I have a serious beef with this development solely for that reason.

I'm an ex Polo 2 resident. This was always a welcomed green space on Bay/St Mary. Seems like it has taken forever just to get to this stage. Don't miss the area's wicked Bay St. wind tunnel effect.

A big pile of top soil was dug today, and the old promotional boards were moved from the property line to the mid-sidewalk hoarding today.

Would the top soil be removed and sold, given that this is very much a "greenfield" where the parkette was (the parking lot asphalt remains for now)?

^^^ Makes sense to me, especially if there's a buck to be made. If there's a nearby housing development that
needs a few inches of topsoil it'd be much more economical to have it trucked from here as opposed to bringing it in from the burbs.
They scrape/sell/save every yard of topsoil they excavate for any given project in the 905's.

^^^ Makes sense to me, especially if there's a buck to be made. If there's a nearby housing development that
needs a few inches of topsoil it'd be much more economical to have it trucked from here as opposed to bringing it in from the burbs.
They scrape/sell/save every yard of topsoil they excavate for any given project in the 905's.

By reading your post you would think they are hard up for money..Did you ever think that maybe Pemberton will just haul it over to a site for future landscape of one of their other projects that are on the go.

That's my point, thanks, there's value in the top soil and they will sell it or use it elsewhere. Everything a company does is about making or saving money.

Back