Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

There seems to be less parking than I think was being planned. I thought that this was going to be a very deep dig, but they are only one showing parking down to P4.

Man, so if you bought high-up on the west side One Bloor East for a gorgeous sunlit westerly view, you're screwed. That whole side of the building is screwed!!! No direct light, just a big long shadow courtesy of Mizrahi. And a view right across the street into other people's condos. I know nobody on UrbanToronto cares about this kind of stuff at all, but if I had bought in that building I might be a little upset.

Yea I would be upset. But both towers are very slender so even if your direct view is of the other building you would still have really nice diagonal views so it would still be pretty impressive. And with Yonge between them they are really not that close.

If they were slab towers. That would be another story

I wonder what the view will be from the west as it looks like the tower will be quite close to Bloor. I hope it doesn't block out the view of 1 Bloor East.

It totally will. It will completely block the view. And is nowhere near as visually interesting IMO. But height is what everyone gets most excited about on UT.

Yep its height is pretty amazing. But I think I do like 1be more. Thankfully I am on the east side so my view will be stacked and ideal :)

I wouldn't worry about the one Bloor east's pool, it is south of the towers so it will not be in permanent shade.

Last edited:
By "pool" I assume you mean that over-sized bath tub that can fit a few people comfortably? It's not really made for swimming anyway, so I doubt too many people are going to need therapy from the trauma brought on from the shade.

Man, so if you bought high-up on the west side One Bloor East for a gorgeous sunlit westerly view, you're screwed. That whole side of the building is screwed!!! No direct light, just a big long shadow courtesy of Mizrahi. And a view right across the street into other people's condos. I know nobody on UrbanToronto cares about this kind of stuff at all, but if I had bought in that building I might be a little upset.

It won't be terrible, and still won't end up being as bad as Trump Tower and Bay-Adelaide West. The breathing room between One Bloor East and The One will be more substantial, not only is Yonge Street wider than Adelaide, but One Bloor East is set back from its podium and The One will be pushed several meters from where the current sidewalk ends. Not to mention, The One will have a more narrow profile than One Bloor and most of One Bloor's units have balconies allowing each resident to see more view.
It's simply an inevitability of life in a big city, and I'm sure the units will have no problem selling, even the ones with a 'bad' view...
But yes, I would be disappointed too.

It's simply an inevitability of life in a big city, and I'm sure the units will have no problem selling, even the ones with a 'bad' view...
But yes, I would be disappointed too.
+1
This is definitely one of the lesser-considered consequences of a successful city-building growth spurt - very few views are truly guaranteed to be protected, and the latest and greatest tower can often be eclipsed in very short order by one going up just next door. Manhattan has seen this kind of thing in spades, as has any number of cities around the world.

Back