Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

ugly aA monstrosity ... nothing but a glass box once again (thanks for posting Ramako)

West Elevation:
ScreenShot104a.jpg

North Elevation:
ScreenShot105.jpg

As you can see, the elevations are FAR less stumpy than the photos posted earlier (at a severe angle).

Last edited:
amazingly ridiculous !! only a mere gap of 23 metres / 75 feet between the two proposed towers, whatever happened to the minimum separation distance required between tall buildings ???

PLUS that podium looks like crap (pardon the language)

Someone on here dubbed this trend "Glass Brutalism" and I concur.

There is Minimalist Modernism and then there is just plain lazy architecture. This is the latter. The podium is hideous and has no human-scale street presence. It has the potential of becoming another Hudson's Bay Bunker, which pedestrians will hurry to get passed on their window shopping trip down Yonge Street.

And to invoke the words "Future Public Art Location" when you mean "Giant LED advertising space" is just offensive.

I wonder what will be done now to make the architects and developers actually do some work. As the proposal stands now, the expression "reuse, recycle" has a new meaning.

Someone on here dubbed this trend "Glass Brutalism" and I concur.

There is Minimalist Modernism and then there is just plain lazy architecture. This is the latter. The podium is hideous and has no human-scale street presence. It has the potential of becoming another Hudson's Bay Bunker, which pedestrians will hurry to get passed on their window shopping trip down Yonge Street.

And to invoke the words "Future Public Art Location" when you mean "Giant LED advertising space" is just offensive.

Agree 100%. It's a disaster. That thing has to be stopped.

Back