Toronto TeaHouse 501 Yonge Condominiums | 170.98m | 52s | Lanterra | a—A

Yeah, or even imagine a couple 200 meter future U-Condos there, wouldnt look to shabby.:cool:

U condos floorplans are crap compared to Murano's.
that also impacts the design of the tower too.
it's the result of trying to squeeze too many suites on a given floorplate.

there's a floorplate sweet-spot of 100ft x 100ft i believe to achieve 8 liveable/workable suites per level that don't have interior 'bedrooms' without windows and aren't long bowling alleys with wasted space for the end-user, that also provides 5ft deep balconies for good shading and outdoor relaxation.

Well at least they got that scaffolding dismanted again relating to the faulty balconies. Thought that would be there forever.

I was asking to go higher than Aura, I will find out why 58's, it cant be that the builder will not sell if prices are in check as a reason, could be density.

Single or double? Two 90-storey towers would make quite the impression. It would probably leave all the developers who were cut down fuming...

Your joking, right?

Yeah, sorry but the point i was getting at was looks..and Murano is not that pretty as a building.

Au contraire, Murano is a good looking building, crisp, distinctive, inventive for its time, and most of all its design is concise. That doesn't mean the architects should do a direct lift of it (only taller) and plunk it at Yonge/Alexander.

On my big walk just now, I took a long look at Lumiere at College and Bay. Now, that is a building that should influence the 501 Yonge project. It's very urban, and it sports the friendly height I'd like to see at Yonge/Alexander. With this kind of design, the dialogue with adjacent buildings around 501 Yonge vicinity would be excellent.

Last edited:
On my big walk just now, I took a long look at Lumiere at College and Bay. Now, that is a building that should influence the 501 Yonge project. It's very urban, and it sports the friendly height I'd like to see at Yonge/Alexander. With this kind of design, the dialogue with adjacent buildings around 501 Yonge vicinity would be excellent.

So in other words you would like to see the 501 Yonge development...say, half exciting/half boring and aprox. half the height, to please everyone in the hood.

So in other words you would like to see the 501 Yonge development...say, half exciting/half boring and aprox. half the height, to please everyone in the hood.

I can't find anything boring about Lumiere. I can find lots boring about the suggestion that aA repeat itself ad infinitum. Good ideas and good taste don't necessarily involve supertalls - especially when the location is wrong for a supertall.

I can't find anything boring about Lumiere. I can find lots boring about the suggestion that aA repeat itself ad infinitum. Good ideas and good taste don't necessarily involve supertalls - especially when the location is wrong for a supertall.

X2!

When I passed this today, I realized this is really happening. No more denial.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hahaha...192 meters is far from being a supertall..like it or not 180-220 meters is going to be the new norm for many new proposed projects poping up in the downtown core of Toronto.

Hahaha...192 meters is far from being a supertall..like it or not 180-220 meters is going to be the new norm for many new proposed projects poping up in the downtown core of Toronto.

Ha ha ha ... you and a buddy were talking about two 90 storeys for this site, and I believe you were salivating.

How inviting is this proposal now, two 58 storey towers on a parking podium on Yonge. Pardon my sarcasm: might look nice from the air, and that is about all that would be good about it.

Some people are fantasizing how Toronto could look from the air, and they don't think much about the view for passers-by on the sidewalks. I have not any more time for this.

Back