Toronto Spectra at Concord CityPlace | 123.13m | 39s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

Today:

p40RsRy.jpg

August 4

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,160
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,158
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,147
The pace has really progressed here. I hope the glass is true to the renders and we get something to compliment the black cladding of Montage.

Update September 8, 2013:

In my opinion, the cladding looks pretty good and will definitely spruce up the areas colour palette .

photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 680
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
In my opinion, the cladding looks pretty good and will definitely spruce up the areas colour palette.

Agreed. I have been looking forward to Quartz and Spectra rising and framing the park. We will see what this new one, Newton, is going to look like soon (if it isn't just a re-launch of the black and white Lumen).

Thanks for the shot!

Finally, colour.

Iduno, it seems like it may be closer to chromatic lip service to me - an excuse to clad the other 85% in grey. I actually like the yellow hoist gates more than that coloured strip.

I can't agree. I think we're getting some pretty vivid strips of colour here which will have more pronounced effect than is apparent at this point. The balconies in the podium section will also be getting a good dollop too. In the end… well, we're nowhere close to the end of this one yet. Too early to declare success or failure y3t.

Here's hoping it works out. I do quite like the colours they've chosen; they play well against the greens on Library District.

...I think we're getting some pretty vivid strips of colour here which will have more pronounced effect than is apparent at this point.

Absolutely. I think that there is going to be more than enough colour here. Coupled with the blue and white of Quartz, these two new buildings will go a long way in livening things up in CP during the day.

While this little bit of colour is nice and welcoming, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. Has anyone seen the north elevation recently? I could have been seeing things, but it looked like the ubiquitous grey spandrel and glass climbing up the Fort York Blvd. side, very similar to the Parade towers. Granted, I viewed it for only a few seconds from Front St., so I could be (and hopefully am) wrong. But if not, I see the colour being just a token gesture to another mundane building.

Back