Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

The massive swath of dirt in front of York U station is no more, grass has finally been planted!

IMG_1026 (Custom).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1026 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_1026 (Custom).JPG
    760.5 KB · Views: 246
It was raining when I went by a few of the new stations last Sunday and couldn't get any photos.

You can see inside of the 407 station now. Still a lot of work to be done yet, with Finch being the worse of the last 4.

Vaughan is just building the new bus terminal and getting ready to add the glazing to the hwy 7 stop.

I've noticed the installation of electronic signs on the insides of each subway car on both lines 1 and 2. Why? I can understand if there are different lines running on the same track (i.e. New York - A, B and C trains) but why here? Is there a plan to short turn trains on a regular basis and so passengers would need to know of the different terminals? Seems like an expense they don't need at this point (like the old destination signs on the ceilings from the old days, and no longer used, when they routed Bloor-Danforth trains downtown at the "Y") unless something is in the plans.
Forgive me if this has been addressed before but I haven't seen it mentioned.

Is there a plan to short turn trains on a regular basis and so passengers would need to know of the different terminals?

They already do in the mornings on University. Half of the trains go to Glencairn, the other half go to Downsview. With the extension there will probably still be a short turn at Glencairn, Downsview or Finch West (where the three pocket tracks are located).

Anyways, this is mostly for people who don't know that every train goes to the same place. Believe it or not, there's a lot of people like that - both tourists and infrequent TTC users.

I've noticed the installation of electronic signs on the insides of each subway car on both lines 1 and 2. Why? I can understand if there are different lines running on the same track (i.e. New York - A, B and C trains) but why here? Is there a plan to short turn trains on a regular basis and so passengers would need to know of the different terminals? Seems like an expense they don't need at this point (like the old destination signs on the ceilings from the old days, and no longer used, when they routed Bloor-Danforth trains downtown at the "Y") unless something is in the plans.
Forgive me if this has been addressed before but I haven't seen it mentioned.
It's the same reason why they have audi announcement outside of buses and streetcars. They are addid those to the subway trains a well. Ax part of it they have to have text for the deaf to be able to read. Eventually it will say what line the train is on and what it's end point is, it will also be helpful for pole to see if it's short tuning somewhere as not everyone can read the destination sign as it's coming into the station.

Would be nice if the driver (operator) finds out he/she will have to do change to a short turn, that they make the change right then, instead of at the short turn itself. Also, if the driver (operator) knows that it will be turning off to enter the Wilson yard, that they display what the last station will be (Wilson or Sheppard West) before they turn off.

Would be nice if the driver (operator) finds out he/she will have to do change to a short turn, that they make the change right then, instead of at the short turn itself. Also, if the driver (operator) knows that it will be turning off to enter the Wilson yard, that they display what the last station will be (Wilson or Sheppard West) before they turn off.
I was on a T! on the bloor danforth line a couple of weeks ago that went out of service at Pape and the roll sign at the front said Pape on it the driver also announced at each stop that he would be ending at Pape. I've also notice that when a train comes into Coxwell they always announce that they will be changing crews if they are doing that. I have never had them do that on the Yonge university spadina line. Sometimes they will stop at a station and the guard and driver both get off and say nothing well the train sits in the station.

Back