Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

borisp whats standard in the suites from the 10th floor down

Basically same stuff with 'poorer' finishes and less choices... but you do get close to 10ft high ceilings... there could be something else... i'm not 100% sure since i don't have that kinda info with me... maybe someone who knows more can add something... i was mostly interested in sobe collection (11th-19th floor)...

2x4 does great design work, although at the end of the day, the it's the builder's responsibility to purchase and install all the product. If the specs become too expensive or impossible to get, purchasers could be in for a surprise.

Since the sales staff had said that "Everything that you see here is standard", it would be interesting to see if they include specific details, brands, etc. in the agreements. Anyone have this info?

Due to the nimby population in this area the city would only allow so many condos in Mystic Point since the infrastructure cannot handle the extra people,so for developers to get approval the west undeveloped section would be saved for low rise townhouses like the project on the South Kingsway/Queensway ( I forgot the name of that condo).Camrost owns that land west of Tides.

Ok...So I went into the South Beach sales office this weekend. In conversation with a staff member there, they said that California Condos - up the street is not going ahead. What kind of sales tactic is this? That comment prompted me to look into it further.

1) CC is open and selling
2) It looks as if they have started construction on site
3) They have applied for the full building permit
4) The builder has a long track record and is completing the master-planned community
5) Called the builder to confirm and they said everything is all good.
6) Called the construction company and they said everything is all good too.

Why make an ignorant comment like that? Maybe because SB was dead quiet when I was there, or that they haven't announced / begun construction?

It just rubbed me the wrong way...Anyone have insight?

probably just a sales person making a 'smart as_' comment who is desperate for a sale :p

i was at the SB sales office last weekend (Just browsing around) .... and it was absolutely dead. (This was around 3pm on a Saturday).

WOW you guys are freaking me out about this project. Maybe it would be better if SB just got cancelled instead

WOW you guys are freaking me out about this project. Maybe it would be better if SB just got cancelled instead

i hope it goes through ...i like the concept of the whole buildings/theme of south beach. I think it's 70% sold??? So it should be okay .. .the second tower might be hard to sell though but we'll see.

I was told its 70% sold as well....
But talk is cheap I was told may09 is when construction would start. But you never know. I guess im just jealous because California is tearing through the construction process.

I actually really really dislike the themed idea of this condo. Nothing and no matter how hard you try is going to make this like South Beach. I'm afraid it will just look tired at a very young age. Leave the theme building to Vegas.

I would hate to see any project get canceled. This experience just rubbed me the wrong way. I find it funny how the sales staff felt the need to say what they did, implying that the two projects are competing against each other. Besides the similarities in the 'sunny' branding theme, the products are very different and delivery time is different as well.

Hopefully buyers in this building payed close attention to the product itself, rather than getting caught up in the marketing image :)

F

March 27

IMG_March_27-09-0160.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0161.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0162.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0163.JPG

I dropped by South Beach last week and besides the three cars (sales staff) the only people were there was myself/girlfriend and another couple.It was Thursday around noon.If they are %70 sold Im very surprise because the parking lot is always empty when I head home from work.At first the model suites looked "funky" but as the styles slowly changed for this year its starting to look a bit "overdone".They should worked with neutral finishes instead of copying the real South Beach look.The jibe about California being canceled is BS,they already trimming the foundation for Cali.

Back