Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

The project looks great. If they are going to cancel i hope they go through with it soon. And if they are going to build.. Start already. Cali is kickin there butts

The project looks great. If they are going to cancel i hope they go through with it soon. And if they are going to build.. Start already. Cali is kickin there butts

Its not a competition between condo projects but the fact that California and South Beach are priced almost the same with South Beach in a slightly lower entry point.The "theme" of the condos are the same but California interior is tastefully modern while South Beach is pure....South Beach.I truly hope SB does well it only adds to the mix of this growing area but like ALL condos these days it harder to get the attention of the recessionary buyers.Why isnt SB advertising that much,its strange that a project that isnt really selling that well is not doing more media placements.Most of the condos in Mystic Point and downtown core is facing a tough selling market,unless you get the attention of the buyer your project will not progress pass the planning stage.

That kinda sucks for South Beach. They spent ALOTA money on thier sales centre...and for what? lol:cool:

I alos heard that Christie's across the street is going soon also - and there going to put a plaza there. :confused:

I don't know how they do it... They stopped advertising in Condo Guide for a few months now and still managed to have top sales in this area (SB 70%, Cali 40%, WS 25%)... As for SB, Cali and Waterscapes sales centers not being visited is pretty understandable... When I stopped by a week ago to check sales percentages all three sales centers were packed with ghosts...:)
(as for the comment on sales centers being dead on Thursday noon i don't know what to say but laugh...)

For those of us who like this SB lux style we just have to wait and see if the construction will start as planned this spring...
Don't forget that Cali started selling almost 6 months prior to SB so it's only logical to assume that the construction will start earlier...

A little update on SB: Apparently as of April 1st parking will not be included in the purchase price... Probably a marketing tactic or maybe competing with NXT prices... I'll stop by this week to check it out...

Time will tell... :)

I don't know how they do it... They stopped advertising in Condo Guide for a few months now and still managed to have top sales in this area (SB 70%, Cali 40%, WS 25%)... As for SB, Cali and Waterscapes sales centers not being visited is pretty understandable... When I stopped by a week ago to check sales percentages all three sales centers were packed with ghosts...:)
(as for the comment on sales centers being dead on Thursday noon i don't know what to say but laugh...)

For those of us who like this SB lux style we just have to wait and see if the construction will start as planned this spring...
Don't forget that Cali started selling almost 6 months prior to SB so it's only logical to assume that the construction will start earlier...

A little update on SB: Apparently as of April 1st parking will not be included in the purchase price... Probably a marketing tactic or maybe competing with NXT prices... I'll stop by this week to check it out...

Time will tell... :)

South Beach condo is a love it or hate it project ... there's very few in between. As for the parking not being included, that would be a death move. They won't sell anything past 70% if they take away parking because there's no way people are buying in that location without a car.

South Beach condo is a love it or hate it project ... there's very few in between. As for the parking not being included, that would be a death move. They won't sell anything past 70% if they take away parking because there's no way people are buying in that location without a car.

It definitely is a love it or hate it project...
It'd probably be a 'death move' but like I said they might be moving in the same direction as NXT condos... both locations are car-dependent even though they have ttc at their doorsteps...
they might offer some incentives to compensate for no parking or put a restriction like no parking for smaller units like most condos in this area...

fp42 I'm glad to hear that... :)

Borisp this area is definitely for the car owner,even if the LRT gets approved it will take years for that section to get fully operational.Christies is definitely going,I heard a mall/condo project is suppose to be built there but banks are really tight on the lending requirements so that project might be delayed.Almost all condos are offering free parking these days except the core condos,I'm wondering what kind of incentives South Beach is offering..cash back,free upgrades,no TMI for a few years?...

Good to finally hear rumours of the Christie bakery being redeveloped at some point. Now to just get rid of the Ontario Food Terminal - it takes up an obscenely huge amount of land and is the type of operation that is much better suited to the suburbs.

Good to finally hear rumours of the Christie bakery being redeveloped at some point. Now to just get rid of the Ontario Food Terminal - it takes up an obscenely huge amount of land and is the type of operation that is much better suited to the suburbs.

There is two metal works company on Parklawn that is suppose to be already sold to developers sooo South Beach will be getting neighbors sooner than later....yeah that food terminal land is worth a pretty penny,IF they can get that dinosaur out of the is area this section of GTA will be the next "in location".

Borisp this area is definitely for the car owner,even if the LRT gets approved it will take years for that section to get fully operational.Christies is definitely going,I heard a mall/condo project is suppose to be built there but banks are really tight on the lending requirements so that project might be delayed.Almost all condos are offering free parking these days except the core condos,I'm wondering what kind of incentives South Beach is offering..cash back,free upgrades,no TMI for a few years?...

I agree it is a car dependent neighborhood... NXT, Park Lake, Waterscapes and Nautilus all charge extra for parking or for some units (less than certain square footage)... I believe only SB and Cali offer free parking for ALL units...
no TMI for a year would be nice...

I heard mall might come on Christie grounds to create another Square One feel... and yes nice Christie smell will be missed...:)

No idea why you guys would want Christie's or the Food Terminal to go. Both provide needed employment and bring food close to consumers, and are both easy to live with. Christie's can smell great in fact...

Back