Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

Also i believe that the corner (King/Church) where the sales centre stood is not
It IS part of the project, which is L-shaped. The "Albany Club" fantasy project ends at - and includes - the last (easterly) building on King at Church and extends to include the last building before the King Eddie - but excludes THAT parking lot too.

It IS part of the project, which is L-shaped. The "Albany Club" fantasy project ends at - and includes - the last (easterly) building on King at Church and extends to include the last building before the King Eddie - but excludes THAT parking lot too.

Oh Ok, wasnt too sure because of that laneway

This morning's activity:

IMG_20141204_085152.jpg

IMG_20141204_085301.jpg

IMG_20141204_085304.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141204_085152.jpg
    IMG_20141204_085152.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,144
  • IMG_20141204_085301.jpg
    IMG_20141204_085301.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,127
  • IMG_20141204_085304.jpg
    IMG_20141204_085304.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,121
Now Church at king and at Dundas/Carlton and beyond are developed. Wonder how long it takes for the extreme tired Church/Queen (and Jarvis/Queen) to see some change.

Well, at Jarvis and Queen the only option is the old garage space (contaminated, and thus expensive to rehabilitate and build on). I don't see the Army selling of the armoury any time soon.

Now Church at king and at Dundas/Carlton and beyond are developed. Wonder how long it takes for the extreme tired Church/Queen (and Jarvis/Queen) to see some change.
I'd love to see all 4 corners of Church and Queen redone. I live right there, and it's such a gloomy intersection.

Well, at Jarvis and Queen the only option is the old garage space (contaminated, and thus expensive to rehabilitate and build on). I don't see the Army selling of the armoury any time soon.

Contaminated how? It would be nice to have a 12 story-sh apartment building. The current form looks downright offensive. How can we stand that?

I'd love to see all 4 corners of Church and Queen redone. I live right there, and it's such a gloomy intersection.

yep. that entire intersection could be transported to any remote town in Texas.

You guys want to tear down Metropolitan United Church and all the green space in the front? Really? And the other three corners are actually very vibrant though I guess not tall enough for some of you. Get rid of the massive parking lot at Queen and Dalhousie and you'd see a big change here.

You guys want to tear down Metropolitan United Church and all the green space in the front? Really? And the other three corners are actually very vibrant though I guess not tall enough for some of you. Get rid of the massive parking lot at Queen and Dalhousie and you'd see a big change here.

I don't think the NE corner is "vibrant". There is a shawarma place which is never busy, and a few old pawn shops some of which are already out of business. The building immediately north of the Shawarma place seems to be falling apart.
SE side is a McDonald - a very suburban looking one.
SW side is a hardly used Scotiabank. A nice building with a tiny entrance. I certainly don't want to "tear it down" as it is well maintained but the bank branch doesn't seem to have a lot of business at all and doesn't seem to interact with the street whatsoever because the inside looks very dark and gloomy.
The United Church parkland definitely isn't one of the better green space in downtown. St James Park not far away is 10 times better.

No, I don't expect tall condos there, but that corner, especially east side, looks pretty run down, and the retail quality seems sub-par. Ask anyone who live nearby how often they go to those places. A two story McDonald's and a one story nail salon and an Asian buffet don't seem to be good enough for Queen/Church steps from ciy hall and the future Saks.

sorry for being OT, but this is about southern part of Church st, which both Khristopher and I happen to agree needs some improvement - not necessarily in terms of 40s new condos.

Last edited:
That bank branch is actually very busy and I know from personal experience as is the health centre next door. Say what you want about McDonalds but it is busy as is Henry's behind it. The pawn shop row is still quite active and I'd rather have it than the usual laundry, Subway etc that you actually can all find up the block in the newish Concert rental building. The problem at this intersection is all the parking lots around the area along with the legacy shelters and poverty. And that is slowly beginning to change with the parking lots beginning to disappear. Sixty is a good start.

Back