Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

SE side is a McDonald - a very suburban looking one.
What is suburban looking about this McDonald's? It is flush with the sidewalk and doesn't have a parking lot. Or are you saying that short buildings are all suburban looking?

What is suburban looking about this McDonald's? It is flush with the sidewalk and doesn't have a parking lot. Or are you saying that short buildings are all suburban looking?

For some reason, all of a sudden people assume every time I don't like a building, it must be because it is not a tower.

You can take a look at that particular McDonald's. Many suburban ones actually look much nicer than this. When I said suburban, I also mean a structure with absolutely no design and care for beauty, just a concrete structure that works, with doors and windows and a coat of cheap paint. I happen to believe downtown Toronto deserves something better than this. The 3s buildings east of it are all beautiful, but this slab at the corner is hideous.

Speaking of parking, there are about 200 surface spots just on the other side of Queen East, and hundreds more nearby with 10 minutes of walk. between Church and Yonge. Plus, there is street parking just east of it on Queen.

And speak of short buildings, I admit I would choose a 40 story whatever condo over this McDonald's, or the Shawarma King (and the shack that is the Asian fusion buffet) on the other side any day.

That McDonald’s may not have a parking lot, but it’s hideously suburban all the same. It should have been replaced by a tall building a long time ago. I'll never understand why such profit-driven businesses never seem to sell such prominent property; once a McDonald’s, always a McDonald’s, it seems. It infuriates me every time I pass it on my way to George Brown.

The McDonald's is a small building. Going tall means taking out the buildings around it which means losing Henry's. No thanks. Better the surrounding lots develop first.

For some reason, all of a sudden people assume every time I don't like a building, it must be because it is not a tower......

Yeah, I wonder why people assumed that:

.....I admit I would choose a 40 story whatever condo over this McDonald's, or the Shawarma King (and the shack that is the Asian fusion buffet) on the other side any day.

January 9th:

IMG_20150109_084719.jpg

IMG_20150109_084749.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150109_084719.jpg
    IMG_20150109_084719.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,748
  • IMG_20150109_084749.jpg
    IMG_20150109_084749.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 1,732
That McDonald’s may not have a parking lot, but it’s hideously suburban all the same. It should have been replaced by a tall building a long time ago. I'll never understand why such profit-driven businesses never seem to sell such prominent property; once a McDonald’s, always a McDonald’s, it seems. It infuriates me every time I pass it on my way to George Brown.

Hideous and/or no care for design equals suburban ... riiiiight. Also, your point rests on McDonalds owning the building. Good chance its just a lease.

Meanwhile in the hood, they were drilling core samples again in the parking lot on the North-East corner of Church & Lombard this morning.

Back