Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I got a new camcorder and I just had to try it out. (even though the weather sucks) Here is a quick peek at The Ritz Hotel. Wow, the security guards are everywhere here.[video=youtube;QID3dWQSyt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QID3dWQSyt4[/video]

Nice vid, Torontovibe....we were down here tonight as well - looking in....the security guard came over, but didn't chase us away.....must say, the lobby & lobby bar are looking very impressive....

I just filmed as fast as I could and got out of there. The security was on my trail from the second I got there and I expected them to pounce on me. That's why it came out a bit jerky. So far, it's looking good.

Ritz Condo Pic

Ritz condo interior!

Attachments

• Picture 209.jpg
    Picture 209.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 309
Not that I'm complaining about what we ended up with, but I wish we got something along the lines of Ritz's flagship in Hong Kong's recently completed International Commerce Center:

5234951170_4d043cd2ab_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsangkailun/5234951170/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/20/exclusive-ritz-carlton-to_n_650429.html#s115571

The new Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong will be the tallest hotel in the world and there will be an infinity-edge pool on the top floor. The current record for the highest hotel pool is the infinity pool on the edge of the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, an open-air pool perched 55 stories up. Like the Marina Bay Sands, the Ritz-Carlton pool will also be an infinity pool, but it will be located indoors on the 118th floor.

Ritz-Carlton-Hong-Kong-2.jpg

slide_8713_115564_large.jpg

Ritz-Carlton-Hong-Kong-3.jpg

slide_8713_115565_large.jpg

ritz-carlton-hong-kong-tallest-hotel-5.jpg

The hotel in the making will be the flagship property for the Ritz-Carlton in Asia, occupying levels 102 to 118 of the International Commerce Centre. At the base of the ICC tower, the Elements shopping mall offers some of the finest luxury shopping in Hong Kong with brand names and international fashion brands fighting for space in this world-class location.

ritz-carlton-hong-kong-pool.jpg

slide_8713_115567_large.jpg

ritzcarlton-hong-kong-infinity-pool.jpg

The building sits directly across Victoria Harbour and offers magnificent views of the harbor, Hong Kong Island and The New Territories. The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong is set to open March of next year. Rates at the hotel will start at 4,500 HKD, or $580, a night.

Ritz_HongKongKowloon_00020_MainShort.jpg

Ritz_HongKongKowloon_00022_MainTall.jpg

^^^
How do they accomplish the no bulkheads. Do they build a building with say 11 foot ceilings and the hide the whole ceiling with a false ceiling bringing the height to 10 feet at Ritz? I don't believe the ventilation can be cut through the concrete.

Would appreciate hearing how this is done and does in fact the Ritz have no bulk heads anywhere. If that is the case, I agree with toskier. Nice.

Anyone know how sales are continuing now that they are almost ready. I heard they still have about 20% more to sell and that sales are slow. If this is correct, is that what people are saying about other similar projects: Trump, SL, 4 Seasons?

I appreciate this is a real estate question but just seems appropriate if the interiors are getting ready as occupancy must be just around the corner.

To the post about the Ritz in Hong Kong, if Toronto ends up anywhere near as nice as these renderings, it will be a home run for sure.

^^^
How do they accomplish the no bulkheads. Do they build a building with say 11 foot ceilings and the hide the whole ceiling with a false ceiling bringing the height to 10 feet at Ritz? I don't believe the ventilation can be cut through the concrete.

Would appreciate hearing how this is done and does in fact the Ritz have no bulk heads anywhere. If that is the case, I agree with toskier. Nice.

I can't recall seeing how the edges of the concrete floors looked at Ritz before the cladding went up. I suppose you could scan through the thread to look for close-up pictures... But apparently it looks like Trump is possibly enclosing their ventilation in the concrete. You can see the vent outlets in each floor. Maybe Ritz did the same.

5340862467_767f6041bd_b.jpg

(From drum118 found in the Trump thread found here:
http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?475-Trump-Tower-Toronto-(Talon-60ish-Zeidler)/page363 )

Last edited:
I have to admit, that for such a 'grand' name brand hotel like the Ritz, that cantilevered entrance is not very impressive -- it doesn't present itself with a sense of occasion that one would expect of this brand. It looks more like a back or service entrance quite frankly.

Holy High Maintenance Batman!

If that's what Necessary Evil thinks is a "back or service entrance", I'd hate to have to buy her dinner!

Now Di - uh, Robin - I have asked you not to use my account! But you are right, chum. If Necessary Evil cannot see the opulence before her eyes, she must be considered an arch-villain. Besides, I have analyzed her name with the Bat Name Analyzer, and have discovered the word 'Evil' in there.

Last edited:

Back