Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The underground levels were already close to complete when Tridel took over the project, so they were able to get going on it pretty much from street level, hence the speed. The project was, as the title of the thread says, originally to be a couple of Starwood hotels.

A look at Tridel's Reve from Victoria Memorial Square.
SpadinaBus

dsc00127nv.jpg

Maybe a dumb question...why is the project names Reve King West? It's not on King. I supposed it is close to King West. If that's appropriate, all projects within a block of King West should be called so.

Haven't seen any pics posted yet, but the glass and the facade are starting to make their way up the sides of this project. I'll try and reserve judgement until it can be seen as a whole, but the black panels and black glass are not looking great to me so far. It looks like it will very heavy visually... something the renders didn't convey. In fact I believe the glass and facade looked pretty light and untinted in those renders.

Hopefully there will be much more of the rust colour (or something else) to break it up as it gets closer to the top.

On this pic, wouldnt it be nice to see a sidewalk built on the south side of Front st. from Bathurst to Spadina...maybe even add a strip of commercial space...here i am dreaming again.:eek:

It would be even nicer if the trccks were bridged over and a long linear park was built on top. With a new subway line running along that corridor.

Haven't seen any pics posted yet, but the glass and the facade are starting to make their way up the sides of this project. I'll try and reserve judgement until it can be seen as a whole, but the black panels and black glass are not looking great to me so far. It looks like it will very heavy visually... something the renders didn't convey. In fact I believe the glass and facade looked pretty light and untinted in those renders.

Hopefully there will be much more of the rust colour (or something else) to break it up as it gets closer to the top.

Oh boy.

I hope it's not like the Tridel building at Sherbourne and Bloor. The glass in the renders was nothing like the actual glass.

Here are some pics from yesterday. Not sure yet about Rudy Wallman's choice of dark metal and glazing with the salmon coloured highlights (see inset). Seems a bit overbearing for the 'hood and out of place. Might look better once its all finished.

As well, they are painting the underside of the balconies the dark gray/carbon, which is a no-no for me, as this will become a maintenance headache for the condo board/owners forever. Its 75Portland all over again.

S'Bus

iphonenov212010814.jpg

salmonhighlights.jpg

iphonenov212010815.jpg

iphonenov212010816.jpg

Back