Toronto Rêve | ?m | 14s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Thanks TWM ... I'm liking how the splashes of red panels highlight the (otherwise dark) building ... it does seem like additional red panels/frames were introduced to the east and west elevation as compared with the scaled model, which is a very nice touch ~ :)

Reve: 560 Front St W construction photos Nov 30, 2010 posted to Facebook Fanpage http://on.fb.me/fn2vr5

20101130-DSCN0047.jpg

20101130-DSCN0043.jpg

Some photos of the Reve scale model:

reve-scale-model05.jpg

reve-scale-model04.jpg

I'm liking this actually. They should even paint the undersides of the balconies black!

EDIt: Oops, clearly they are, or a really dark grey. I like how the building is turning out much darker than the model - the lighter grey would have looked crappy.

Last edited:
The black glazing looks very handsome in the first pic. Jasonzed posted above. My only concern is that it will look dirty very quickly.

The differences between Freedville and Tridel's Hick town couldn't be more apparent when standing in this park:

And it's not just any park, but Victoria Square, the site of the first European burial ground in Toronto. It was one of several squares laid out by the city in the 1834 New Town Extension plan: Victoria Square, Clarence Square, McDonell Square and West Market Square. A place with literally layers of history, it has been marginalized in the city's consciousness and neglected until recently, with the initiative of some notable locals.

Regardless of context, I wouldn't mind seeing them demolished. The rest of that block could use some similar density, and they're pretty ugly anyway.

Shoot.. those poor townhomes... Isn't it a bit odd that the city approved a project that would be so out of sorts. Didin't the lesliville lofts on broadview get killed for not fitting in?

Shoot.. those poor townhomes... Isn't it a bit odd that the city approved a project that would be so out of sorts. Didin't the lesliville lofts on broadview get killed for not fitting in?

odd as it seems, but I was stunned the same way from a recent Vegas trip while touring this building called Jockey Club ... apparently when Cosmopolitan Hotel was approved/built, the hotel's ~12 storey podium wraps around 3 sides of Jockey Club and provides blank walls facing it totally blocking out all sunlight/view from the existing building (which was ugly nonetheless), as a result, over half of the units look out into a grey depressing blank wall (aka south elevation of Cosmopolitan Hotel) separated by a setback on no more than 20 feet ! :eek:

I was very shocked to that the Las Vegas Planning approved of such developments myself ~

See for yourself:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=vegas+%22jockey+club%22&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=27.652846,53.349609&ie=UTF8&hq=%22jockey+club%22&hnear=Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada,+United+States&ll=36.110158,-115.175461&spn=0.001062,0.002401&t=k&z=19
exterior3.jpg

exterior2.jpg

Back