Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

According to TTC CEO report for TTC meeting next week, streetcars may not return to Union Station until October 11. Most likely due to the section west of Spadina and overhead.

Buses will be on standby for service after Aug 31 to October 11 if service is push back until the line is open.

510 is still on schedule for the loop on Aug 31, but it may not happen depending what taking place at the intersection at the time.
Can't say I'm surprised. There seems to have been few timelines on this project the parties haven't blown through yet. Start prepping the youtubes, Brad...

According to TTC CEO report for TTC meeting next week, streetcars may not return to Union Station until October 11. Most likely due to the section west of Spadina and overhead.

Buses will be on standby for service after Aug 31 to October 11 if service is push back until the line is open.

510 is still on schedule for the loop on Aug 31, but it may not happen depending what taking place at the intersection at the time.

Missing links belong in the other thread, but don't support the St Clair extension, as it too residential now.

This doesnt surprise me .. this lines up for when the road will be done apparently. They have started to put up poles on the south side of QQ now as well.

As it stand as of Friday, they are building the new traffic lanes between York & Simcoe and supposed to be done next week. Once done, traffic will shift north at the portal to built the missing gap.

They were preparing to shift traffic to the north side over the new ROW before the Beer store to build that missing gap and supposed to be done this weekend, but a lot of work to clear the north side to Spadina first.

They had the roadway form for the roadbed from Peter bridge to loop, otherwise the ROW roadbed is complete from York to Spadina. Most of the ROW tracks have the base coat pour to hold the rails in place and all of it will be done next week.

No indication as to when work will start west of Spadina, but will be done in July.

Black poles are being install for TTC overhead. The rebar base at some of these poles are huge.

Traffic was going no where as I was able to walk from York to Spadina taking photos faster before any of the trafiic I first past, past me.

Until Waterfront get a pail full of funds soon, all of the detail items as the footbridge etc will be on the back burner until the funds are found. When you have to pay extra cost for items that weren't part of the original or been change, you run out of money very quickly. TTC Union loop is an example of this that will cost $300 million more than plan for.

One thing I and others have being calling for at our meeting is area for kids to play at. I was in Burlington on Thursday and took a walk on the waterfront and they have the play area that should be on our front in many places. When we open the Simcoe Wave Deck, we didn't expect to be a play area for the kids, but its a smashing hit as a slide. Very rare you can walk by the deck and not see kids sliding on the ramp. Even the designers never vision this.

They are forming York St platform with rebar and should be done next week.

They are forming the missing sidewalk west of Rees with most of it pour next week. Brick work is taking place west of Simcoe for the new sidewalk.

You have to take a long walk from Shoppers to Spadina by the north end of the look since the short cut has been closed off. The sidewalk should be back in service on Monday.

On another note, I guess it will be 2015 when Portland Slip open consider it was to open in 2013 and sitting ready to open now.

Tons of photos, but still working on June 7th photos and still about 2,000 to go to get up to date.

A central theme to the Waterfront Revitalization was a continuous water's edge. That cannot be achieved without the footbridges so while they're deferred, I think the money will be found once the focus moves beyond Queen's Quay road and sidewalk infrastructure. All of the planned bridges are important to this but none more so than Spadina. It'll resolve the perceived feeling of private property from the condo there. A new deck will push it away further inland creating true public access along that portion of waterfront.

If there was one thing I thought Ford would do, it was roadway projects. Widen St. Clair, Legion Road extension, maybe even another bridge across Don Valley. I'm actually shocked he did less road works projects than Miller (in either term).

Not to mention Keele St. extension south to St. Clair and shuffling those roads near Sheppard and Yonge.

I thought Fort York Boulevard would be finished by now too.

Not to mention Keele St. extension south to St. Clair and shuffling those roads near Sheppard and Yonge.

I thought Fort York Boulevard would be finished by now too.

In Texas, because the local governments refused to raise property taxes in their jurisdictions, they tore up asphalt roads replacing them with gravel, because of the almighty dollar. Widening roads costs money. That's a very last resort to take.

Union is not going to be ready until Oct long Weekend, if then, 509 cars are only a dream until then using this new toy.

With a new Ministry for MTO, it will be interesting to see if he picks up the ball and push the eastern extension now.

As for Fort York connection to Bathurst, underway with only raise Fort York Road E like the west side.

509 cars are only a dream until then using this new toy.

What does this mean?

With a new Ministry for MTO, it will be interesting to see if he picks up the ball and push the eastern extension now.

It's not a new Ministry, it's a new Minister. And why should we expect the eastern extension to be funded when clearly there were other transit lines that were more politically-valuable (i.e. Scarborough subway and DRL)?

As for Fort York connection to Bathurst, underway with only raise Fort York Road E like the west side.

What does this mean?

It's not a new Ministry, it's a new Minister. And why should we expect the eastern extension to be funded when clearly there were other transit lines that were more politically-valuable (i.e. Scarborough subway and DRL)?

The shortfall is only about $150M and work can begin nearly immediately.

It and Mississauga are 2 non-controversial (unlike Sheppard East) projects which could be nearly ready by the next election.

Back