Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

What does this mean?

Nothing to do with the Queens Quay Revitalization. Fort York Boulevard is set to open at the point where it meets Bathurst, near the Fort York Library Branch. Should be open by the end of the month.

Nothing to do with the Queens Quay Revitalization. Fort York Boulevard is set to open at the point where it meets Bathurst, near the Fort York Library Branch. Should be open by the end of the month.
I thought it wasn't supposed to open, until after the Bathurst bridge was replaced. Any idea when that was moved to? Post-2015 I think, because of the conflict with the Strachan grade separation.

I thought it wasn't supposed to open, until after the Bathurst bridge was replaced. Any idea when that was moved to? Post-2015 I think, because of the conflict with the Strachan grade separation.

It's nearly done and ready to open. I took this pic on the weekend. Recent reports say since the weekend, the street is now level with Bathurst. and ready for asphalt to be poured:

1012599_10100774502384531_5041262370557680657_n.jpg

Bathurst is delayed, so this is temporary and will likely be regraded once Bathurst is rebuilt.

What does this mean?

It's not a new Ministry, it's a new Minister. And why should we expect the eastern extension to be funded when clearly there were other transit lines that were more politically-valuable (i.e. Scarborough subway and DRL)?

What does this mean?

The new toy is the ROW and the loop will not be ready to be use until Oct. Therefore, 509 streetcars can't use the new ROW until then along with 510.

The eastern QQ LRT Line was promises by Miller as well new streetcars for 2007, yet here we are 7 years later waiting for the LRT line and finally saw our first official new streetcar arrived at Hillcrest at the end of May. Will we seen another car this month as stated, as well having 6 cars for service on Aug 31 as plan, down from the 12 cars first plan for?

The Bathurst St Bridge is not going to get rebuilt as plan to deal with the different in elevation between it and the new east Fort York extension, let alone the current west one. What is being done now, the eastern Fort York level already built will be rebuilt to a sloping road to meet the current Bathurst St elevation similar to the west section. New sidewalk and handrail at this new intersection.

The new toy is the ROW and the loop will not be ready to be use until Oct. Therefore, 509 streetcars can't use the new ROW until then along with 510.

The eastern QQ LRT Line was promises by Miller as well new streetcars for 2007, yet here we are 7 years later waiting for the LRT line and finally saw our first official new streetcar arrived at Hillcrest at the end of May. Will we seen another car this month as stated, as well having 6 cars for service on Aug 31 as plan, down from the 12 cars first plan for?

The Bathurst St Bridge is not going to get rebuilt as plan to deal with the different in elevation between it and the new east Fort York extension, let alone the current west one. What is being done now, the eastern Fort York level already built will be rebuilt to a sloping road to meet the current Bathurst St elevation similar to the west section. New sidewalk and handrail at this new intersection.

I suppose this is a little closer to being understandable. Thanks.

This little bit of history, from this link:

On July 22, 1861, Toronto City Council grants this group, now known as the Toronto Street Railway Company (with Easton as its president), a thirty-year franchise to build and operate street railways within Toronto’s city limits. With a crew of around 200 workmen, the TSR started work laying down tracks from St. Lawrence Market and moving west along King and north on Yonge to Yorkville Town Hall (located at today’s Scollard and Yonge). Work progressed quickly, and opening ceremonies were held on September 10. The route opened to the public the next day, as the first street railway line to operate in Canada.

Unfortunately, the building standards were poor back in 1861, and wouldn't stand up to the traffic and requirements of today.

It's nearly done and ready to open. I took this pic on the weekend. Recent reports say since the weekend, the street is now level with Bathurst. and ready for asphalt to be poured:

I was wishing it was done last night; went to see Don Pyle's screening at the Fort York branch, which finished at the height of last night's downpour. That was a long, wet walk back to Spadina.

The 510 bus stops at Dan Leckie and Fort York while it is on diversion because of QQ :)

Found this perusing the WaterfronToronto website. Related to QQ Reno.

MGT Stadium to Yo Yo Ma

Looks like they're going to build a "temporary" protected MGT on the south side between Stadium Road (where the trail currently ends) and Yo Yo Ma. Looks pretty decent for temporary, especially the Music Garden is pretty good anyways.

The elevation between Fort York and Bathurst is a slight grade.

The road is ready for paving, but will not open until the new handrails are in place, or fence off until they are.

Only a small section of concrete to be pour on the west side of the Peter bridge as well the bridge and Paw Way, otherwise ROW is finish. There is a small section that got torn up over by Simcoe and has now double in size as there are ducting being place there and not sure what else since can't get a clear look at it.

York intersection is not completed and if it is to be open on July 1st, some 24hr work to be done as well some paving.

Most the framing in place for York westbound platform with Rees ready to see the framing for it.

Trees being place west of Simcoe with Rees intersection torn up.

Not much going on west of Spadina with a fair number of poles up on the north side for the loop wiring.

Back