Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Drum is legible, you just have to get used to his style of language. Lots of info and great photos.

Drum IS the MAN and UrbanToronto wouldn't be the same without his fine efforts. There are far too many people offering up criticism in here and never post a pic of what they do or don't like about a particular project. There should be no discussion about typos in here!

Drum IS the MAN and UrbanToronto wouldn't be the same without his fine efforts. There are far too many people offering up criticism in here and never post a pic of what they do or don't like about a particular project. There should be no discussion about typos in here!

How does he know so much? (is what I've always wondered)

Does he actually work for Metrolinx or something?

Absolutely--the info is actually invaluable.
We just can't understand him.

Maybe you can't, but I've never had any problem understanding his posts. And the info he has is usually better and more detailed than what anyone anywhere else is posting. The only other source I find that's even half as valuable is Steve Munro's blog, but drum seems to know the engineering and operation details a bit more intimately than Munro

How does he know so much? (is what I've always wondered)

Does he actually work for Metrolinx or something?
No I don't work for any transit system.

My background is in construction. I work my way up the ladder from engineering drawing to part owner.

I have been a Transit and Urban advocate since 2000 and you need to know your facts first hand when you are dealing with the various levels of government as well with developers.

I have a good relationship with Metrolinx to the point that I am allow on their site to photograph and video tape things on them. Also getting info for various things. I do get a lot of info from TTC and a few transit system. I do get invited to things the public is not allow to and had that happen to me this weekend for the LRT lines. As to when, where and what, time will tell.

What Steve Munro does is different than what I do and we talk monthly or by email, but both working for the same end results. Both of us have work with groups with poor results and why we do things independently. Steve is data management and has a good understanding of operation to the point he knows more than I do. We don't see eye to eye on somethings, otherwise things would be very boring if we all agree to the same thing.

It is very frustrating for me posting for various reason and have a number of proofreaders reviewing all my written material before it goes out the door, but not on line. Accept what I post, ask me for more info or block me, as I don't have the time like I used to have in the past. I have seen posting by others and some where worse than mine, but dealt with it. Some of the issues is I don't really proofread what I wrote as to lack of time or in a rush.

Too many people want to derail threads for various reason or to argue with people to the point various members have left the board or stop posting. New member should do some reading and research for various thread since the info they maybe looking for is already there and don't expected to be spoon feed that info if you haven't done it. From my point of view, the board has gone down hill the last few years for what every reason and this is a case of it.

Most of all respect each other views as we don't see everything eye to eye as well being willing to change your view when there are strong date to do so. My mind has been change on a few things as I didn't look at the item in a different view that the person who was posting to convince me to the point I push that proposal/view today. I don't have all the answers to every thing, but I put out the best case I known of and wait to see if it is right or wrong. Each of use have different backgrounds and experience and its a learning curve for people to get up to speed on things. I have always been a teacher on various things I know and willing to pass on knowledge so people can pass it on to others. My 2 cents

Last edited:
No I don't work for any transit system.

My background is in construction. I work my way up the ladder from engineering drawing to part owner.

I have been a Transit and Urban advocate since 2000 and you need to know your facts first hand when you are dealing with the various levels of government as well with developers.

I have a good relationship with Metrolinx to the point that I am allow on their site to photograph and video tape things on them. Also getting info for various things. I do get a lot of info from TTC and a few transit system. I do get invited to things the public is not allow to and had that happen to me this weekend for the LRT lines. As to when, where and what, time will tell.

What Steve Munro does is different than what I do and we talk monthly or by email, but both working for the same end results. Both of us have work with groups with poor results and why we do things independently. Steve is data management and has a good understanding of operation to the point he knows more than I do. We don't see eye to eye on somethings, otherwise things would be very boring if we all agree to the same thing.

It is very frustrating for me posting for various reason and have a number of proofreaders reviewing all my written material before it goes out the door, but not on line. Accept what I post, ask me for more info or block me, as I don't have the time like I used to have in the past. I have seen posting by others and some where worse than mine, but dealt with it. Some of the issues is I don't really proofread what I wrote as to lack of time or in a rush.

Too many people want to derail threads for various reason or to argue with people to the point various members have left the board or stop posting. New member should do some reading and research for various thread since the info they maybe looking for is already there and don't expected to be spoon feed that info if you haven't done it. From my point of view, the board has gone down hill the last few years for what every reason and this is a case of it.

Most of all respect each other views as we don't see everything eye to eye as well being willing to change your view when there are strong date to do so. My mind has been change on a few things as I didn't look at the item in a different view that the person who was posting to convince me to the point I push that proposal/view today. I don't have all the answers to every thing, but I put out the best case I known of and wait to see if it is right or wrong. Each of use have different backgrounds and experience and its a learning curve for people to get up to speed on things. I have always been a teacher on various things I know and willing to pass on knowledge so people can pass it on to others. My 2 cents

Thank you for all the info, photos & video.

Seriously Drum, thank you very much for your hard work in photos, videos, info, and posts. I've only been a member here since February but I was a long time lurker before that and part of the reason that I chose to join was the wealth of knowledge and information about transit, a subject that I am passionate about, that particularly dedicated board members like yourself are able to provide and make available for us all.

So thank you very much!

The elevation between Fort York and Bathurst is a slight grade.

The road is ready for paving, but will not open until the new handrails are in place, or fence off until they are.

Already opened to pedestrians. No handrails needed. Vehicular access should be a few weeks now, starting with Westbound Traffic.

Seriously Drum, thank you very much for your hard work in photos, videos, info, and posts. I've only been a member here since February but I was a long time lurker before that and part of the reason that I chose to join was the wealth of knowledge and information about transit, a subject that I am passionate about, that particularly dedicated board members like yourself are able to provide and make available for us all.

So thank you very much!

Agreed 100% - I do not always agree with Drum and sometimes am unclear of the point he is making but overall his contributions are very useful. If one is interested in Toronto transit you need to read Steve Munro (http://stevemunro.ca/) and Drum on UT!

Drum actually posts interesting info and photos instead of arguing about the colour of door frames or whatever. That instantly places him in the top 1% of posters here.

Drum actually posts interesting info and photos instead of arguing about the colour of door frames or whatever. That instantly places him in the top 1% of posters here.

100% Agreed. Some of us, which includes me, live a great distance away and enjoy Drum's post a great deal.

Thank you Drum for all your great posts. Urban Toronto wouldn't be as interesting without you. I always look forward to what you're written. Keep up the great work.

Went by here a few weeks ago. It will definitely be interesting to see the finished product. Something about that area just seems off, especially near the island ferry terminal, Not sure if it's the way the Westin Complex was done or if it's just the sidewalk aesthetic.

It looks like they've started installing the silva cells for the trees on the south-west side of Queen's Quay & Bay.

From York St. looking west.

qqj10.jpg

Attachments

• qqj10.jpg
    qqj10.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,494

Back