Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Track work moving east toward Rees St.

qqtracksj8.jpg

Attachments

• qqtracksj8.jpg
    qqtracksj8.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,357
for some reason they thought that having a concrete truck pouring concrete and occupying the only lane of Queens Quay during rush hour was a great idea ... and traffic is backed up all the way to yonge from the bridge right now. Its been occupying the lane since 6pm ... and its still going.

for some reason they thought that having a concrete truck pouring concrete and occupying the only lane of Queens Quay during rush hour was a great idea ... and traffic is backed up all the way to yonge from the bridge right now. Its been occupying the lane since 6pm ... and its still going.
First of all, dumb idea doing a pour before 8 pm and should been done overnight.

I expect they are pouring the track area on the bridge as there is no room to get trucks close to it. It been form for a few weeks with the expansion joints cover plates sitting on the bridge.

Then they could start pouring that 3' roadbed.

its actually the outter straight edge of the remaining loop area they are pouring - the final pour of the loop was never done this week until now. They let traffic buy at 6:25 but now they are blocking traffic again .. the ttc buses are letting people off in between stops too.

I just uploaded 63 photos of this project shot on May 31 and you can find them in the album also on my site. Show how back log I am for posting photos

There is a hydro duct bank that has collapse near Reese

I just uploaded 63 photos of this project shot on May 31 and you can find them in the album also on my site. Show how back log I am for posting photos

There is a hydro duct bank that has collapse near Reese
Rees?
I have signatures turned off, so I don't see any link to anything for your photos.

Yep I've seen this and other pieces ... literately amazing .. better then even Bloor actually, so much attention to detail

Indeed - and they haven't even planted the double row of trees on the south side yet. Now that EBF LRT is more likely to go ahead, I wonder if the project will get extended eastern soon.

AoD

I bicycled through here today around 4 PM, eastbound. Very busy with pedestrians, some skaters, some other cyclists. Very tight squeeze currently. The new extra width, dedicated bikeway is such a badly needed improvement. Can't wait 'til this is all done.

Yep I've seen this and other pieces ... literately amazing .. better then even Bloor actually, so much attention to detail

Granite mosaic sidewalks are the world standard for pavement in pedestrian spaces. I'm proud to see such great pavement in the city--it makes for a superb public realm.

Indeed - and they haven't even planted the double row of trees on the south side yet. Now that EBF LRT is more likely to go ahead, I wonder if the project will get extended eastern soon.

AoD

Where did we see that the EBF LRT is more likely to go ahead? I thought it was still currently in limbo due to lack of funding.

Back