Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

If things stay the courses, Spadina loop will be in service by the end of June.

The same thing will happen to the Union Loop, but only in July or early Aug.

The new streetcars will service Spadina loop at this time come Aug 31 and will move to Union as more cars are here.

This confirms that the loop will be back in action in June

[h=3]TTC Overnight Rail Delivery for Spadina Loop
[/h]
TTC crews will deliver and place three sections of curved track pieces for the final section of the Spadina Loop on May 29, 30 and June 1. These curved track pieces will be delivered overnight by large flatbed trailers to the streetcar loop entrance by 390/410 Queens Quay.

Due to the size of the trailers and track pieces, there will be intermittent traffic impacts between 1am and 4am. While the track is delivered, traffic will be held for up to 10-15 minutes (between Rees Street and Lower Spadina Avenue) to enable the large vehicles to unload the specialized track.

More Information
For more information about the work described in this notice, please emailinfo@waterfrontoronto.ca or contact Diego Sinagoga, TTC Community Liaison Representative at (416) 393.2197 or Diego.Sinagoga@ttc.ca. For urgent construction issues, contact Robert Pasut - Eastern Construction Community Liaison Officer atRPasut@easternconstruction.com or 416-505-3073.

This confirms that the loop will be back in action in June

[h=3]TTC Overnight Rail Delivery for Spadina Loop
[/h]
TTC crews will deliver and place three sections of curved track pieces for the final section of the Spadina Loop on May 29, 30 and June 1. These curved track pieces will be delivered overnight by large flatbed trailers to the streetcar loop entrance by 390/410 Queens Quay.

Due to the size of the trailers and track pieces, there will be intermittent traffic impacts between 1am and 4am. While the track is delivered, traffic will be held for up to 10-15 minutes (between Rees Street and Lower Spadina Avenue) to enable the large vehicles to unload the specialized track.

More Information
For more information about the work described in this notice, please emailinfo@waterfrontoronto.ca or contact Diego Sinagoga, TTC Community Liaison Representative at (416) 393.2197 or Diego.Sinagoga@ttc.ca. For urgent construction issues, contact Robert Pasut - Eastern Construction Community Liaison Officer atRPasut@easternconstruction.com or 416-505-3073.

The track will be done in June. There is still overhead to do however, and that's not nearly as easy to do when you are starting from scratch.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I thought there were plans to use the loop as soon as its done so the 510 can run south of king again?

I thought there were plans to use the loop as soon as its done so the 510 can run south of king again?
510 will return to action June 22 to the loop. All the new cars going into service on Aug 31 will run to Spadina Loop only unless thing changes between now and then.

They still have to do the track into the loop and the roadbed was just pour sometime around 6 pm today. The westbound switch is next, but not all of the roadbed is built as they were pouring concrete for something crossing where the roadbed is to go at 7 pm. The other sections are on site, but not in final position yet.

They are digging the roadbed from the bridge to the loop and it should be done next week.

There are a number of areas waiting TTC track crews as the roadbed is done and ties waiting for placement and rail.

Small section from the portal to the driveway needs to be done and cannot be done until the new eastbound lane is built to swing traffic to it. Under construction now.

York St, Ress, the street by the hotel and the beer store are the only areas east of Spadina that still needing roadbed and tracks. From Spadina West to ma-mo is waiting for what every to be finish and then the roadbed can be built.

York St westbound platform is 40% complete and should be finish this week.

510 will return to action June 22 to the loop. All the new cars going into service on Aug 31 will run to Spadina Loop only unless thing changes between now and then..
But not for long as Spadina/Dundas track & water etc are being replaced from July 11 to August 30 which means buses on Spadina again. I assume they may use the loop but ...

But not for long as Spadina/Dundas track & water etc are being replaced from July 11 to August 30 which means buses on Spadina again. I assume they may use the loop but ...

All I know, the memo has gone out to advised drives of this change.

Things didn't go as plan this weekend for all the sections to be place. TTC can't put thing together until the missing section are in place.

It was hydro who was doing the work yesterday that prevented the roadbed to be place for all the track work to be done as plan, as they are building the duct bank across the roadbed area. Had a closer look tonight and they have the bottom pour and waiting for it to harden so they can place the duct work. I would say off hand subject to the rain coming our way, it will be Wednesday when roadbed can be pour with track work on Thursday.

They have open up Simcoe St to traffic that using that nice granite slopping ramp onto the tracks. The pedestrians our using their granite slop ramps as well. It was a zoo there.

510 will return to action June 22 to the loop. All the new cars going into service on Aug 31 will run to Spadina Loop only unless thing changes between now and then.

They still have to do the track into the loop and the roadbed was just pour sometime around 6 pm today. The westbound switch is next, but not all of the roadbed is built as they were pouring concrete for something crossing where the roadbed is to go at 7 pm. The other sections are on site, but not in final position yet.

They are digging the roadbed from the bridge to the loop and it should be done next week.

There are a number of areas waiting TTC track crews as the roadbed is done and ties waiting for placement and rail.

Small section from the portal to the driveway needs to be done and cannot be done until the new eastbound lane is built to swing traffic to it. Under construction now.

York St, Ress, the street by the hotel and the beer store are the only areas east of Spadina that still needing roadbed and tracks. From Spadina West to ma-mo is waiting for what every to be finish and then the roadbed can be built.

York St westbound platform is 40% complete and should be finish this week.

Don't you mean the 510B? For the Queens Quay & Spadina Loop? Using the suggested relettering, should it be extended to the streetcars. See link.

Don't you mean the 510B? For the Queens Quay & Spadina Loop? Using the suggested relettering, should it be extended to the streetcars. See link.
I don't deal with confusion June 22 day and there is no such roll sign for that number.

Until the new cars go into service, 510 is 510. I don't get hung up on letters for routes unless I have to take one. They are all the same route number in the main trunk line main area and riders don't care if it is y, x, a, as long as they can get on it.

I haven't read Steve blog in sometime and knowing Steve, I am sure he has some nice things to say about this.

How many people look at the letter in the first place and we are now going to see 1A, 1B, 1C on trains that can do it. If you look at the T1's on BD line, a number don't have a sign in the first place since we all know where they are going base on the direction they are going.

I knew the June 22 was way too good to be true.

http://stevemunro.ca/?p=9452
"Correction June 4, 2014: Information that I received about possible resumption of streetcar service to Queens Quay on June 22 was incorrect. Streetcar service will not operate south of King until the August 31, 2014 reopening of the entire route."

"Correction June 4, 2014: Information that I received about possible resumption of streetcar service to Queens Quay on June 22 was incorrect. Streetcar service will not operate south of King until the August 31, 2014 reopening of the entire route."

Too bad they couldn't speed it up by a couple days to deal use it for the CNE traffic. It runs Aug 15th to Sept 1st. Great timing!

Looks like confusion meet "What are you doing with July shut down a few weeks away"

One hand not talking to the other again

Back