Toronto Quartz at Concord CityPlace | 131.97m | 41s | Concord Adex | RAW Design

Are they planning on tearing that building down? That's horrible if so. Amsterdam Brewery adds immensely to the neighbourhood.

Yeah i agree, but unfortunately that building doesnt sit in Concord Adex plans of Bathurst street retail. To bad kind of a nice building, im going to miss the brewery.

Are they planning on tearing that building down? That's horrible if so. Amsterdam Brewery adds immensely to the neighbourhood.

It's absolutely terrible. A huge loss.

Luckily, Concord Adex has done such a great job building exciting neighborhoods with interesting retail components in the bottom of their condos.................................................................... I can't even say that with a straight face.

It's absolutely terrible. A huge loss.

Luckily, Concord Adex has done such a great job building exciting neighborhoods with interesting retail components in the bottom of their condos.................................................................... I can't even say that with a straight face.

Once Concord finishes City Place and their project up on Sheppard, hopefully, that will be the last of them in TO.

Once Concord finishes City Place and their project up on Sheppard, hopefully, that will be the last of them in TO.

Why:confused:...when the city needed them to develop that wasteland that nobody wanted to touch with a 10-foot pole, it was OK..now that they have been bitched, there not good anymore..come-on be happy of what we got and will get from Concord Adex and move on.

It would be nice if Concord relocates the Amsterdam Brewery to the base of Parade.
I could see a patio space overlooking the park -- it would bring a lot of life and character to the neighborhood.

The retail component of Cityplace is definitely looking up (see Cityplace Retail in the Retail section). Fox and Fiddle at the bottom of N1/N2, and Liberty Sharwama on ground level of Neo. Hopefully there will be other retail to add to the mix at Parade.

LOL on ladyscraper's comment...but...sigh...
Amsterdam Brewery is awesome. Its convenience is amazing; they open late until 11pm and I live a block away from it. They also hold the summer outdoor movie nights. Sad to see this go.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...354,-79.399642&spn=0.001953,0.005284&t=h&z=18

There's a lot of vacant land there, so hopefully the idea is to retain the building (and the entire brewery). The last thing this district needs is the loss of another heritage structure; though it's nothing extravagant or ornate, with all the glass monotony around, any sort of texture and variety is extremely valuable. Having an active brewery hanging around is a bonus too.

There's a lot of vacant land there, so hopefully the idea is to retain the building (and the entire brewery).

Not really much land except that parking lot that backs east of the brewery..the green space east of that is block 33 where Quartz and another 38 storey building will sit.
Not that i like it but i have mentioned for over a year that this day was coming.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...354,-79.399642&spn=0.001953,0.005284&t=h&z=18

There's a lot of vacant land there, so hopefully the idea is to retain the building (and the entire brewery). The last thing this district needs is the loss of another heritage structure; though it's nothing extravagant or ornate, with all the glass monotony around, any sort of texture and variety is extremely valuable. Having an active brewery hanging around is a bonus too.

Half the heritage structure has already been destroyed for Fort York Boulevard. I'd say don't count on Amsterdam staying.

Pics taken June 27, 2011

Block 37

r0YrE.jpg

Block 33

OAkgz.jpg

Back