Mississauga Pearson Transit Hub | ?m | ?s | GTAA

projectile-trains-for-the-moon-illustration-id484600310

Credit: Jules Verne. Circa 1865. Public domain.

The question is will Metrolinx operate this overdue moon train?

May not implicate the Transit Hub, or it could, but saw this on MERX and it could mean that the GTAA will issue bonds to help fund the transit hub development. Or it could be for managing an existing bond set. Anyways, speculate away.

Airport Consulting Services for the GTAA's Master Trust Indenture

From Investopedia:
A trust indenture is an agreement in a bond contract made between a bond issuer and a trustee that represents the bondholder's interests by highlighting the rules and responsibilities that each party must adhere to. It may also indicate where the income stream for the bond is derived from.

Regardless, if the GTAA is able to raise fund by itself and get some Infrastructure Bank money I'd see the completion of the transit hub project as much more likely compared to if the Ford government is involved with funding.

Regardless, if the GTAA is able to raise fund by itself and get some Infrastructure Bank money I'd see the completion of the transit hub project as much more likely compared to if the Ford government is involved with funding.
As time goes on, that's pretty much a given. It must be remembered that Pearson was identified by McQuaig as the most likely type of investment the InfraBank would make:
Outgoing Metrolinx CEO Bruce McCuaig says Pearson airport's ambitious plan to become a transportation megahub is the kind of project that Ottawa should consider as it seeks to lure billions in private capital into public transit projects.
Pearson airport hub a fitting project for Canada Infrastructure Bank

I'd give equal odds at this point for direct private investment v InfraBank investment, but what most likely won't happen is FordNation 'getting it'...let alone investing in it.

Now if cars could fly...it might catch the interest of Ford. And I don't mean a
Ford Trimotor - Wikipedia

^What they haven't included is GO bus! But you're right, it's more than serendipitous. It could be called different things from different approaches. I see it as a potential "Square One Northeast" for GO bus transfering to...wait for it...UPX or a commuter/RER line using the infrastructure, possibly with spurs off of the present Pearson Station track approaches to do a loop around the airport and to/through a dedicated GO/other bus terminal.

I'll check out the links and comment further later.

If it means anything, the GTAA has recently started making calls to people living around the area to gather opinions about what they are dubbing "Union Station West". Looks like they are taking this more seriously than even the city is.

New website says that Phase 1 of Union Station North will be complete by the late 2020s.

It appears they're viewing this as a super-long-term project, essentially "25 year master plan league"

Back