News   Jul 03, 2024
 237     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 773     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 821     2 

Toronto Pearson International Airport

They are planning on building a new E/W runway at the north end of the airport I forget what letter the Taxiway is but it runs parallel to and south of runway 05/23.

@Andomano: Yes a bit of the mondays but still I don't like viewing videos that are trying to pass themselves off as legit (Movie previews in particular) when they are simply amateur works. I actually thought I was going to be seeing some sort of flight test of the A380 at pearson that I had missed hearing about. Maybe a naivety too...

Actually the new runway will be south of taxiway "Hotel" and will be designated 05R/23L with the existing 05/23 runway renamed to 05L/23R. Hope that helps.

Actually the new runway will be south of taxiway "Hotel" and will be designated 05R/23L with the existing 05/23 runway renamed to 05L/23R. Hope that helps.

Yes that's what I meant :D. Sometimes I forget that there are more informed people on here than me. I assumed that nobody would know what I meant had I said 'twinned with 05/23'. I thought I had heard though that it was going to be taxiway "Hotel" that would become 05R/23L. thanks for the info!

I realize I could probably google this faster, but your post was not exactly helpful or enlightening.

What more would you like to know? It's as simple as asking the question :).

Taxiways are the part of the airport that aircraft use to move between the runways and the terminals, think of them as almost roads. They are given single letter names (a, b, c, ...) but to make communication easier between pilots and traffic controllers mnemonics (sic?) are used. A becomes Alpha, B Beta, C Charlie, H Hotel etc this avoids confusion between say B or D.

Taxiway H (hotel) runs parallel to and south of runway 05/23 at the north end of Pearson airport.

Ooooooh ok. I had no idea you were just referring to the letter H. I was trying to figure out what a hotel was in terms of an airport. Thanks for the clarification

What more would you like to know? It's as simple as asking the question :).

Taxiways are the part of the airport that aircraft use to move between the runways and the terminals, think of them as almost roads. They are given single letter names (a, b, c, ...) but to make communication easier between pilots and traffic controllers mnemonics (sic?) are used. A becomes Alpha, B Beta, C Charlie, H Hotel etc this avoids confusion between say B or D.

Taxiway H (hotel) runs parallel to and south of runway 05/23 at the north end of Pearson airport.

The NATO Alphaphonetic alphabet. There's one airport in North America that does things a bit differently, where the D is for Dixie (on the customer side, D is for David, as in Concourse D for David), and there's a very good reason for that.

The NATO Alphaphonetic alphabet. There's one airport in North America that does things a bit differently, where the D is for Dixie (on the customer side, D is for David, as in Concourse D for David), and there's a very good reason for that.

Atlanta Hartsfield, due to Delta's gigantic operations there. I can imagine the confusion with Delta pilots and other airlines trying to figure out which one they mean.:)

Atlanta Hartsfield, due to Delta's gigantic operations there. I can imagine the confusion with Delta pilots and other airlines trying to figure out which one they mean.:)

Delta who, Delta what, Delta where?!?! LOL

Dunno if it was already posted, but this was on the GTAA website as well. So how does this thing work? How does the conveyor mesh contract at the ends to 2 km/h and expand to 7 km/h in the middle? Witch doctory!

Back