News   Jul 03, 2024
 242     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 787     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 825     2 

Toronto Pearson International Airport

Does anyone know how many passengers it can currently handle? Their original plan was an ultimate buildout of 50 million, right?

A GTTA report released this week noted that 32.3 million passengers came through Pearson in 2008 which is a 2.8 per cent increase from 2007.

Toronto Pearson Runway Run 2009

On Saturday, June 13, 2009, Toronto Pearson will open its Runway 06R-24L to two thousand members of the general public and airport community. Walking or running side by side with jets is an experience to remember. Bring your family and friends to participate in this event!

Event Date(s):
June 13, 2009

Duration: 9:00 a.m.

Cost: Registration fees apply

More Information:

Toronto Pearson Runway Run 2009

On Saturday, June 13, 2009, Toronto Pearson will open its Runway 06R-24L to two thousand members of the general public and airport community. Walking or running side by side with jets is an experience to remember. Bring your family and friends to participate in this event!

Event Date(s):
June 13, 2009

Duration: 9:00 a.m.

Cost: Registration fees apply

More Information:

Is there a map of Pearson's runways and where this new one is?

Is there a map of Pearson's runways and where this new one is?

I don't know if it is actually 'new' or if it's just being opened for the public.
According to wikipedia (what a reliable source), it's the shortest runway - 06R/24L - 9,000 ft or 2,743 m.
Here's the diagram form the Polish wikipedia site, 06R/24L is the most Southern one.
Cyyz_arpt_diagram.png

Here's the poster for the even also;
Runway-Run250x250.jpg

Last edited:
Emirates brings A380 service to Pearson!

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Emirates-Airline-961585.html

Mar 16, 2009 10:38 ETEmirates Airline Makes Canadian Aviation History With Arrival of First Scheduled Airbus A380 Service to Toronto
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 16, 2009) - One hundred years after the first manned flight in Canada, Canadian aviation history again will be made when an Emirates airline Airbus A380 lands at Pearson International Airport in Toronto on June 1, 2009. The airline's double-decker aircraft will be the first to enter the Canadian market....

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Emirates-Airline-961585.html

Mar 16, 2009 10:38 ETEmirates Airline Makes Canadian Aviation History With Arrival of First Scheduled Airbus A380 Service to Toronto
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 16, 2009) - One hundred years after the first manned flight in Canada, Canadian aviation history again will be made when an Emirates airline Airbus A380 lands at Pearson International Airport in Toronto on June 1, 2009. The airline's double-decker aircraft will be the first to enter the Canadian market....

It'll hardly be the first http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0QCTsSRyQE :D.

I though at one point the A380 was too big for Pearson without some serious upgrades, and could only fit in Montreal's airport?

I though at one point the A380 was too big for Pearson without some serious upgrades, and could only fit in Montreal's airport?

At Pearson's ADP the A380 was taken into account. Two gates I believe at T1 are A380 ready, and two at T3 are easily convertible to one. Taxiways have been widened, and runways are long enough. Pearson was one of the first airports in the world ready.

Well thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my time. I suppose if that counts as the first A380 landing at Pearson than we should start charging people for the murders/crimes they commit in GTA.

**Note**
Intentionally nippy post b/c I hate viewing garbage on youtube trying to pass itself off as legit. Admit to what it is and let people watch it if they choose.

Great news about Emirates upgauging YYZ to the A380....:)

It's good for travellers, and it's good for Toronto....

Well thanks for wasting 2 minutes of my time. I suppose if that counts as the first A380 landing at Pearson than we should start charging people for the murders/crimes they commit in GTA.

**Note**
Intentionally nippy post b/c I hate viewing garbage on youtube trying to pass itself off as legit. Admit to what it is and let people watch it if they choose.

Hence the use of the ":D" Someone has a case of the Mondays I guess!

Clearly I misinterpreted "opening up to the public". I thought that meant it was new and they were starting it off with this walkathon thing. Silly me. I should really learn to read better. Does Pearson have any plans to actually build any new runways?

Clearly I misinterpreted "opening up to the public". I thought that meant it was new and they were starting it off with this walkathon thing. Silly me. I should really learn to read better. Does Pearson have any plans to actually build any new runways?

They are planning on building a new E/W runway at the north end of the airport I forget what letter the Taxiway is but it runs parallel to and south of runway 05/23.

@Andomano: Yes a bit of the mondays but still I don't like viewing videos that are trying to pass themselves off as legit (Movie previews in particular) when they are simply amateur works. I actually thought I was going to be seeing some sort of flight test of the A380 at pearson that I had missed hearing about. Maybe a naivety too...

Back