News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 903     0 

Toronto PATH Retail

It's a very busy food court in an otherwise mostly lackluster mall. I wonder if there's some assembly going on for larger retailers. That's all I can think of.
Yes, it has been going downhill for ages and it really seems as viable as most of these PATH malls. Of course it IS at 'the end" so maybe a big retailer would generate traffic?

Yes, it has been going downhill for ages and it really seems as viable as most of these PATH malls. Of course it IS at 'the end" so maybe a big retailer would generate traffic?

It needs a proper connection to the MTCC... That would bring a ton of people filtering in.
Also (way too late now) TIFF should have been connected underground. I work at the event space there and we don' get as much non-summer business in part because we are just outside of the core and the PATH.

It needs a proper connection to the MTCC... That would bring a ton of people filtering in.
Also (way too late now) TIFF should have been connected underground. I work at the event space there and we don' get as much non-summer business in part because we are just outside of the core and the PATH.

The connection to Simcoe Place is awful!

You have to cross the parking lot in RBC's tower. :O

Only time I've seen that before is the daft design of the connection in Nathan Phllips/City Hall parking garage.

Who ever thought this up? Worse, who approved it?

Metro Place does suffer from being isolated in the Path system.

It also suffers from not having any off-hours draws (restaurants, notably, but also grocers and the like)

Given the pressing need for more grocery space in the area, that might be a good alternative here.

Just food court/food hall plus a supermarket w/built-in coffee shop/cafe might work better.

Though there would be a need to create visibility for such a retailer on the surface, probably on the King street side.

Slight correction to the post above...

You don't *have* to cross the parking lot between Metro Centre and Simcoe Place via the PATH. There are two connection points and only the east one physically crosses a parking lot.

The retail podium of One York (Harbour Plaza) will be occupied in early 2018. Winners, Coppa's and Trade Secrets/Glamour Secrets will be located on the 2nd floor of the podium connected to the PATH. This is a great addition to the rapidly-expanding South Core district.

Trade Secrets One York 1.jpg

Attachments

• Trade Secrets One York 1.jpg
    Trade Secrets One York 1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 872
The connection to Simcoe Place is awful!

You have to cross the parking lot in RBC's tower. :O

Only time I've seen that before is the daft design of the connection in Nathan Phllips/City Hall parking garage.

Who ever thought this up? Worse, who approved it?

Metro Place does suffer from being isolated in the Path system.

It also suffers from not having any off-hours draws (restaurants, notably, but also grocers and the like)

Given the pressing need for more grocery space in the area, that might be a good alternative here.

Just food court/food hall plus a supermarket w/built-in coffee shop/cafe might work better.

Though there would be a need to create visibility for such a retailer on the surface, probably on the King street side.
Maybe a Metro Grocer at Metro Hall?

The population of that area is only going to grow. Especially once the Mirvish + Gehry Towers are in, Metro Centre's PATH area has the potential to do much better with the right combo of stores. (Of course, M+G should connect under King to the PATH, but I hear that the utilities under King would be very tough to manoeuvre around.

Harbour Eats by Mercatino has opened at 1 York, up the escalators from where the other retail will be, on the same level as Pure Fitness. Haven't tried it yet, but they have several different sections - tacos, panini, salad, pastries and coffee, etc.

Food Dudes is opening in Commerce Court across from Rexall.

From Commerce Court newsletter:

Pantry and Blondies Pizza, two restaurants by The Food Dudes, are set to open in the Commerce Court Food Court later this month!

Embodying the vision of a retail food model that supports fresh, healthy and contemporary fast dining, Pantry is your one-stop-shop for the best quick meal in the city. All of Pantry’s offerings are also made from scratch daily to provide the freshest meals for its guests.

Blondies brings pizza dreams to life. Kneaded for your needs, their from-scratch, fermented dough bakes into a beauty of a pie and is painted with original RED or BLONDE sauce and blanketed by full fat mozzarella. Their toppings are local, superbly fresh and carefully selected to enhance every bite. Find Vegan and Gluten-Free offerings, specialty salads and homemade soft serve to complete the experience.

Be sure to sure to check them out mid-March.

Back