Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

According to one of the selling agents for Cityplace, the lower level of the bridge will be a party room amenity featuring a glass floor... yikes! And a floor above will be two signature condo units which will sell for approximately $4 million each.
Who will pay $4 million to live at Cityplace where there are so many upscale condos in much nicer buildings and locations in the city for less, and who will pay $4 million to live above a party room that serves two large condo developments?

The bridge would be cool design feature though, as Parade 1 and 2 is rather boring looking overall.

I've said a lot of negative things about Parade, but I would never call it boring.

Thanks for the article AG ... I've spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about the engineering, design, and installation of the bridge. Good to finally have some answers. I was hoping to see it erected sooner than a year from now though!

It would appear they are only a floor or two from the first bridge level on the cylindrical tower. I am curious to see if the forms for those floors will appear any different.

According to one of the selling agents for Cityplace, the lower level of the bridge will be a party room amenity featuring a glass floor... yikes! And a floor above will be two signature condo units which will sell for approximately $4 million each.
Who will pay $4 million to live at Cityplace where there are so many upscale condos in much nicer buildings and locations in the city for less, and who will pay $4 million to live above a party room that serves two large condo developments?

If the soundproofing is first rate, then it shouldn't be an issue. The bridge offers exclusivity and a feeling of getting something completely different.

Wouldn't a rule like that completely contradict the whole idea of public art? Isn't that like someone decreeing that all art should be impressionistic watercolour paintings that are hung only in certain galleries? That may be an extreme example, but it illustrates that you cannot set arbitrary (or even non-arbitrary) rules upon the definition of art and still call it "art".

Speaking of public art light displays, I wish they would turn on the little LED (?) lights that are sprinkled across the hillside west of the canoe.... They really turn an otherwise forgettable patch of grassy incline into a lively and whimsical complement to Coupland's kitsch

Thanks for reminding me! I wanted to find out why they have been turned off. I'll give you an answer as soon as I find out!

Any news on this Tuscani? Its now June and they still haven't turned on those purdy li'l lights.

From the past Sept 14, 2005
1141542227_25bcc87f8e_b.jpg

The bridge would be cool design feature though, as Parade 1 and 2 is rather boring looking overall.

The glass floor has been known for a long time now on UT. I however, thought it was going to be a restaurant or open to the public for some reason. Although that would be strange for a condo.

Not at all; that gun is in the perfect position to ward off any future TCHC towers that could threaten their view (and home value, self esteem, way of life, etc...)

Ha! So true. Those poor souls suffering from seeing a tower full of poor people blocking their views. Such an outrage...

The glass floor has been known for a long time now on UT. I however, thought it was going to be a restaurant or open to the public for some reason. Although that would be strange for a condo.

I've confirmed with Concord Adex that the lower level of the bridge is only a private-use party room for the condominium corporation, not a publicly accessibly restaurant

Back