Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Parade is now lit.... Not sure I'm a fan of the blue though. Hopefully they can and will alternate colours...

Taken May 18, 2011
5735822512_48fbf1ca32_b.jpg

It looks good to me, they all look good.

Does anyone know what is planned for that gravel pit immediately East of the park at cityplace?

Wow! Elkanhan, if you read this forum, great shot. And I didn't realize they were lighting the north-facing section as well.

This project is so love-hate with me... I love the massive size, the skyline presence and the two different shaped towers connected by a sky-bridge, but I'm not liking the finishes and the lack of retail at all. This place is turning into downtown suburbia.

Does anyone happen to know the total # of units in Parade 1 and 2? I would be interested to see how it stacks up against some of the other large projects in the city. This thing truly is HUGE and I like to consider it as one building considering the bridge connection.

This place is turning into downtown suburbia.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a good thing? I personally love that Cityplace is a little disconnected from the rest of downtown. As a resident, I personally wouldn't be able to stand all the traffic and noise coming from more retail shops in Cityplace. They are opening up a Fox & Fiddle underneath the N Building.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a good thing? I personally love that Cityplace is a little disconnected from the rest of downtown. As a resident, I personally wouldn't be able to stand all the traffic and noise coming from more retail shops in Cityplace. They are opening up a Fox & Fiddle underneath the N Building.

In all seriousness, if you're a fan of the suburban lifestyle, then why don't you just live in the suburbs? There are lots of quiet areas in the inner suburbs that have little traffic or street noise, but which are a short walk from transit.

I disagree, because a pedestrian-oriented street through the neighbourhood with many businesses wouldn't generate that much noise, especially not for people living up in sky on a high floor. It wouldn't be more noticeable than the hundreds of trains that pass by the complex or the tens of thousands of cars on the Gardiner. Density without the diverse local business options doesn't represent progress in city building since people must travel further for goods and services. Giving the monopoly to a limited number of large-scale chain retailers doesn't help matters much, either. Having more people on the streets can discourage criminal activity, too.

I disagree, because a pedestrian-oriented street through the neighbourhood with many businesses wouldn't generate that much noise, especially not for people living up in sky on a high floor. It wouldn't be more noticeable than the hundreds of trains that pass by the complex or the tens of thousands of cars on the Gardiner. Density without the diverse local business options doesn't represent progress in city building since people must travel further for goods and services. Giving the monopoly to a limited number of large-scale chain retailers doesn't help matters much, either. Having more people on the streets can discourage criminal activity, too.

Giving businesses to a limited number of large-scale chains retails help with one thing though. It's called lower cost of consumer goods as a result of efficient logistical network, synergetic savings, and the economies of scale.

In all seriousness, if you're a fan of the suburban lifestyle, then why don't you just live in the suburbs? There are lots of quiet areas in the inner suburbs that have little traffic or street noise, but which are a short walk from transit.

Your comment wasn't directed towards me, however, I would like to point out that you are crossing the line as being rude. People have preferences that should be respected by all. I understand that the majority of the demographic on this forum falls into one category; however strength in numbers shouldn't become a catalyst to discrimination and alienation.

Back