Toronto One O One | ?m | 26s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

But it would look right at home at Cityplace.

That's an insult to Cityplace despite its shortcomings on execution. The last completed block is still much better than this.

In my opinion, the average design and finish has taking a step backwards in the last few years. I can no longer say with confidence that our worst in and around the urban core is still better than Chicago's worse. Hey, I'm a product of the Chicago vs Toronto era.

I think the only thing I can appreciate from this thing is that there seems to be a minimalized amount of balconies. Other than that, it just reminds me of a recladding done wrong of a 60's era apt building.

EDIT: Also, I never knew they would build a tower next to the former Imperial Office tower, although I did see the U/C tower once or twice in the last few weeks and thought little of it.

they are actually building 2 new towers, this is just the first one.
I know, the other being the Foxclub tower, which is apparently moreso catering to the more wealthy individuals of this fine city. I just can't associate all three of these towers together as the same master plan if you will, all towers are differently designed in differing respects, even the two new condo towers that are yet to be finished.

November 3, 2016
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    855.7 KB · Views: 986
Poor Imperial. First the funny hat and then this.

IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2554.JPG
    IMG_2554.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_2556.JPG
    IMG_2556.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 835
Wow. Its even uglier up close. One cannot say enough mean things about this building (but I encourage all forum members to try. ;))

Back