Toronto One O One | ?m | 26s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd rather have a new thread for the second phase here, as it's so different from the retrofit of the first building.

It will depend greatly on how they market it. Same name - same thread. Different name… you guessed it.

From application:
2901C.png

Wow that does not look promising at all. And it partially blocks the building from the south. Terrible.

EDIT: I think I remember the front page story on this development mentioning the low probability of having the great city view from southern facing units blocked in the near future. Looks like UT will have to eat its words.

Last edited:
The vast majority of units still get a full southern view - but yeah, I would not want to have bought on the southeast corner.

It will depend greatly on how they market it. Same name - same thread. Different name… you guessed it.

Also different address. 95 St Clair is for the Imperial Plaza as per the documents.

95 St Clair actually happens to be the building next door.

(And the present illustration looks a little too shoehorned to register as a replacement for the existing 95 St Clair--though I *can* picture it being replaced/condo-fied in its own right...)

It's a nearly 100% occupied office building ... hard to picture that. I believe it's in fairly good shape as well.

But from a drooling-developer standpoint, it's a site begging "intensification"--and, good shape or not, the building is "old". Ergo "dated".

But from a drooling-developer standpoint, it's a site begging "intensification"--and, good shape or not, the building is "old". Ergo "dated".

Old in what sense ? The TD center is old as well ...
The age of the building is not a factor, what matters is how well maintained /updated it is. I can't speak to that, so potentially you are correct and it falls short of any new commercial development. But in no way is it comparable to Imperial Plaza in the sense of what shape the building is in.

Now this is where the city should play a role no ? Lets assume for the land owner they can indeed make more money (including demolition costs) as a residential property. The city must designate the land as employment only ... hence blocking any such development from taking place.

Its a completely different story with say Imperial Plaza, were millions (if not more) were required to update it such that tenants would be interested.

Of course, if you know me pretty well, I'm not *advocating* the demolition and replacement of 95 St Clair...

Back