Toronto One O One | ?m | 26s | Camrost-Felcorp | Onespace

Paving work on the walkway leading up to 101 St. Clair, perhaps this will eventually lead to Condo Man getting a proper base at the end of it all.

Oct 6, 2020

20201006_181017.jpg
20201006_181023.jpg
20201006_181029.jpg
20201006_181044.jpg

Paving work on the walkway leading up to 101 St. Clair, perhaps this will eventually lead to Condo Man getting a proper base at the end of it all.

Oct 6, 2020

View attachment 274758View attachment 274759View attachment 274760View attachment 274761

Observation:

They invested in nice trees (mostly, that one looks a bit the worse for wear)

They invested in nice paving.

Then they chose to put whole skid of the pavers right beside the nice new trees, which will cause compaction and impair root growth, and tree health.

Sigh. Either don't take delivery of the brick until you're ready to use it; or pile it somewhere away from the trees!

I can't help but think the artist(s?) behind this installation where sending a critically unflattering message to developers and the consumers who purchase their units here. They where either being "bold" in allowing it or completely clueless.

Art and the beauty perceived are in the 'eye of the beholder.' I suppose that is why art can be so powerful and controversial.

I can't help but think the artist(s?) behind this installation where sending a critically unflattering message to developers and the consumers who purchase their units here. They where either being "bold" in allowing it or completely clueless.
It could also be interpreted as a self-aware art installation by the project proponents.

I agree with @LUVIT! , the fact that it can be interpreted in many ways demonstrates that this art installation was a successful piece.

Back