Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Does this appear to be a test dig or has excavation begun?

6326286736_22bb8c6e56_o.jpg

Something strange going on here. No evidence of much progress in weeks, not much happening now. Makes you wonder if there is some sort of permit issue, or forgive me, money problems. All the hype abnd then nothing. If I bought one of the units, I'd be asking for some answers.

Something strange going on here. No evidence of much progress in weeks, not much happening now. Makes you wonder if there is some sort of permit issue, or forgive me, money problems. All the hype abnd then nothing. If I bought one of the units, I'd be asking for some answers.

Not much happening? Almost everyday someone posts a photo update or description of what's happening on site. The excavation process is slow. It's all that "hype" that's causing people to expect to open the thread and see the thing already topped out, and to presume that there is some kind of problem. A watched pot never boils.

Last edited:

These types of posts are getting really tiresome.

At worst the building is not going ahead and this corner will be a parking lot for the next few decades ( 1970 all over again) , at best there is a shadow issue ,one bloor will have to reduce its height to 40 stories to preserve the sunshine on bloor.

This beast should be above grade, its not so i make my own conclusions, dont hate!

at best there is a shadow issue ,one bloor will have to reduce its height to 40 stories to preserve the sunshine on bloor.

First of all, this building has already been approved by the City, so it will not suddenly be shortened unless the developer decides to do it based on their own financial reasons. Secondly, even at 40 stories this tower will still cast a shadow on Bloor.

Sorry it was a bad joke. i should have made it sound even more outrageous like - there gonna build a barn at the corner with an outhouse and a garage selling cheap smokes.

This building is going ahead like planned, im excited to see it rise!

Last edited:
Yeah, people need to chill. When i went in last year and saw the model and read the contract i said it would be 2018 before it would be completed...a full 8 years from the sales opening! Looks to be on schedule for this. i think it will go something like this:

Not much through this winter...a bit more tinkering and stuff
the dig likely to start next spring
The huge parking lot dig and build should take about 2 years, puts us to march 2014
the massive podium, east and south plus shopping sure to take another year to 2015
construction of the tower...they will need to rush to get that done in 1 1/2 years to sept 2016
about 1 1/2 years of finishing, including shopping and residential units, takes it to march 2018
this assumes no major setbacks, problems, holdups etc...

Digging to start next spring? I am pretty sure digging will commence soon. They have already shored the site, why would they wait till next Spring to start the dig? Time is money - it makes more sense for them to start digging and excavating the site before Winter sets in.

Why would this take any longer than most other buildings of the same height that have been built in Toronto. My guess 3 1/2 yrs from now it will be complete, I have no reason to think otherwise.

It's official. You are all brain dead. Check your pulse immediately.

Otherwise this pic would have more than compensated for the lack 'o digging.

Thanks Tomms. This one has to go into the coffee table book. ;-)

yonge street is crazy low-rise as seen in tomms latest pic ^^^ one bloor will cover some of that up... at least from this view

Back