Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

It seems straightforward enough. CS planned for up to 10 additional storeys right from the start, in case the demand was there. As it turned out, additional demand was sufficient to justify adding 3 storeys (at 16 units per storey). CS has submitted a request for permission to construct those 3 additional storeys, but until that permission is given, their policy is obviously to deny that they are planning to increase the height of the building -- until the day they get that permission, at which point they will publicly admit that Aura now has 78 storeys.

Here's what interests me. To the extent 1BE witnesses any buyer interest in 42 Charles, why wouldn't they simply keep applying for additional floors to steal that demand? Afterall, IBE (kidding aside) will get out of the ground first and is in the same location basically. If IBE kept adding floors it would make it hard for 42 Charles to get started.

It seems straightforward enough. CS planned for up to 10 additional storeys right from the start, in case the demand was there. As it turned out, additional demand was sufficient to justify adding 3 storeys (at 16 units per storey). CS has submitted a request for permission to construct those 3 additional storeys, but until that permission is given, their policy is obviously to deny that they are planning to increase the height of the building -- until the day they get that permission, at which point they will publicly admit that Aura now has 78 storeys.

I hope your right, but sometimes things that may seem straight forward like that that are far from it.

why wouldn't they simply keep applying for additional floors to steal that demand? Afterall, IBE (kidding aside) will get out of the ground first and is in the same location basically. If IBE kept adding floors it would make it hard for 42 Charles to get started.

I dont know about any of that, any smart person would stay away from something thats been on and off for the past 10 years.

I hope that when they move they match the great pace of Aura. Will the hole be a deep one, or are they obstructed by the Yonge subway line?

I hope that when they move they match the great pace of Aura. Will the hole be a deep one, or are they obstructed by the Yonge subway line?

The subway is under and straddled by the Xerox to the East, where 1BE has its sales office.

Pride Parade

July 3 2011.jpg
Today's view with the Pride Parade all around it.

Attachments

• July 3 2011.jpg
    July 3 2011.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 545
holy crap! thats a lot of people... i knew the parade was big... but not that big

word. holy cow. great overview shot of the area. i can definitely see some development along the west side of Yonge street, maybe not very tall, but at least something a bit larger put up against the street, like an Aura podium.

word. holy cow. great overview shot of the area. i can definitely see some development along the west side of Yonge street, maybe not very tall, but at least something a bit larger put up against the street, like an Aura podium.

oh sorry for my language.... and i also agree with you about the podium

Back