Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

nope, just heard that it didn't happen this morning! the wait continues of course...

delay after delay.......... this is not even funny anymore, though it's great that machinery/equipment is on site...

what's the completion date bumped to on this one? late 2013/early 2014? just saying those numbers seems like a long time away,

Just a guess (and wishful thinking), but maybe Aura adding floors today is pissing GG off and now they are scrambling to add more floors before they start digging.

yeah, honestly, i'd rather see a height increase at One Bloor rather an Aura. Didn't they apply for a height increase (aka floor increase) push a while back? i honestly don't see why these guys want to add more floors for extra cash,

Just as a reminder, this is exactly the same pattern of activity that happened with the Trump Tower: bring some equipment on to the site, move it around a bit, announce a groundbreaking, postpone the groundbreaking, move the equipment around a bit more, have the groundbreaking, putter around for a bit digging a few small holes, move the equipment again . . . etc. All the while people will be saying "this is never going to happen." Eventually though, construction will start. It's just pretty much impossible to say exactly when.

There was no announcement of a groundbreaking. There was a rumour, that's all. Obviously people are understandably excited about the excavation starting here, but a missed rumour is nothing to despair over. The equipment is accumulating onsite and the building will be going ahead soon.

The rumoured 3-storey addition to Aura, BTW, is just that too; a rumour, which Canderel Stoneridge has told us is not going ahead... (cough).

Last edited:
The shoring is days from completion at the east side of X2 so One Bloor shouldn't be much longer. This site is going to take forever to complete the shoring, hopefully even more equipment is booked to speed the process up.

There was no announcement of a groundbreaking. There was a rumour, that's all. Obviously people are understandably excited about the excavation starting here, but a missed rumour is nothing to despair over. The equipment is accumulating onsite and the building will be going ahead soon.

The rumoured 3-storey addition to Aura, BTW, is just that too; a rumour, which Canderel Stoneridge has told us is not going ahead... (cough).

The application they filed with the city speaks for itself, and they are most likely not confirming it due to the possibility of the application being rejected. It is by no means just a rumour.

Edit: To clarify, I am talking about Aura :eek:

is this one really going to be 70 stories? i heard 65 earlier but the story seems to keep changing. can anyone confirm that 70 is the final number

Lots of activity on site. Some sort of giant machine being assembled, couldn't make out what the heck it actually was. It's definitely getting underway.

I trust your sources 42, so as much as I would love for any height increase I'm not going to get excited over something thats probably not going to happen. It seems bizarre though that they would file such an application with no intent on acting on it. Something else is going on here... not that anyone can comment on it or that we'll ever know.

Back