Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Lots of activity over the last 2 days. Yesterday when I went by there were about a dozen people meeting on site, a mixture of suits and construction types. Today on the north end of the site are the following components; a port-a-potty, a small electrical panel, 2 big piles of fine clean dirt, a bulldozer grading an area in the middle of the site and a carpenter building something out of plywood. My guess is they're preparing an area for the groundbreaking.

yes, because all construction sites have plywood mood lighting lit huts for when the workers get too stressed and need to relax... lol.

well i guess it isn't as bad as the lady gaga hut that was at the aura site a couple of months ago.. ;)

yes, because all construction sites have plywood mood lighting lit huts for when the workers get too stressed and need to relax... lol.

well i guess it isn't as bad as the lady gaga hut that was at the aura site a couple of months ago.. ;)

Too early for a temporary hydro site service hut?

Definitely sounds like they're getting ready for a formal groundbreaking. They usually put a couple of piles of dirt for them to shovel from.

I only see excavation happening now at the X2 site when I walk by so there's equipment ready to move over from there to One Bloor any time now. I really hope we see an aggressive effort to get the shoring and excavation done here. I fear I'm going to die of old age before they finish this thing.

From Twitter:
@Urbanation
Ground Breaking for the 70-storey "One Bloor" project by Great Gulf Homes to occur on Friday, July 15th!

Last edited:
Full press release here: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2011/07/c3896.html

PHOTO OP: Ground will be broken through motion-driven virtual technology that simulates earth falling away from the floor of the tent as shovels are "dug in," and the building will then rise on a video tower in the background.

WHERE: ONE BLOOR SPECIAL EVENT TENT
Southeast corner, Yonge and Bloor Streets, Toronto
ON-SITE MEDIA PARKING ACCESSED THROUGH EASTERN-MOST BLOOR STREET GATE; VALET PARKING ALSO AVAILABLE

WHEN: FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2011
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Photo Op/Official Ceremonies @ 10:30 a.m. PROMPT

So it's a "virtual" groundbreaking... I wonder if construction will be virtual as well or if they'll actually start digging at some point.

Preparing for next weeks groundbreaking

1bloorjly7.jpg

Back