337     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
I'm not wishing anyone a bankruptcy, but I'm looking forward to not facing this idiotically named store again. Lavish is an adjective (or a verb) and Sqaulor is a noun. The store should have been named either Lavish and Squalid or possibly Luxury and Squalor. The name they did have was annoying as hell.

It entered retail hell anyways.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

WislaHD

Member Bio
Reaction score
Vancouver based coffee shop, JJ Bean, have shut down their 3 Toronto locations: 90 Eglinton E, 390 Bay, and 197 Bartley.

How sad :(

Their St. Clair location is not mentioned in the article though.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taiyaki NYC ice cream shop at Dundas (west of Bay) are closing at the end of the month, July 2020:

I walk this strip almost every day and I've never even noticed this place. There's way too much of this gimmicky stuff around anyway.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I walk this strip almost every day and I've never even noticed this place. There's way too much of this gimmicky stuff around anyway.
Students were their main market. With Ryerson and U of T going primarily virtual for the foreseeable period, most of those won't make it.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Exclucity, a sneaker store on Queen just east of Bathurst has closed. They're being replaced by a cannabis stored called Cori later this autumn.

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
Exclucity, a sneaker store on Queen just east of Bathurst has closed. They're being replaced by a cannabis stored called Cori later this autumn.

There's still Groovy and Getoutside, both of which are popular sneaker stores in Queen West.

I buy my Chucks from them.

Last edited: