News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 570     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Club 120 at 120 Church Street is closing:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo, dammit, Rocket......too young.

</3

One of the best parties I've ever been to was here.

The pissers were a disaster. The music was the best. The people were beautiful/high af.

RIP The Rocket. You'll just be a memory forever now.

In fact, I still have the coat check tag from that party on my backpack......2005. ?

Grape Witches, a multi-purpose bar, event space and wine store will be opening in the late summer at 1247 Dundas St W (near Dovercourt). It replaces the former Milk Glass event space.

Lavish & Squalor at 253 Queen St W has closed after 25 years in business:

Not surprised. Alot of smaller stores will be closing in short order rather than be committed to smothering debt.

It doesn't get any easier from here on out:

Almost half of Toronto businesses fear they will be locked out over unpaid rent

Survey suggests 63 per cent of small businesses couldn't make all of May's rent – and three-quarters won't be able to pay in full for June

May 12, 2020

It doesn't get any easier from here on out:

Almost half of Toronto businesses fear they will be locked out over unpaid rent

Survey suggests 63 per cent of small businesses couldn't make all of May's rent – and three-quarters won't be able to pay in full for June

May 12, 2020

This should be fun. I can see most of the small businesses in Toronto going belly up.

Say goodbye to the vast majority of those quirky independent retailers along the main streets of North America.

Wal-Mart and Amazon incapacitated them, but COVID-19 dealt the finishing blow.

I remember when Woolco was replaced by Wal-Mart. That started it all in Canada.

1994: The Beginning of the Inevitable Decline of Independent Retailers in Canada

I just found the quality declined. You went from upstanding stores to low quality crap.

I still have items from Woolco and Eatons after 25 years but Wal-Mart crap dies out after a year or so.

Toronto might reduce taxes for live music venues

Eligible venues would apply for a 50 per cent reduction in property tax to help the live music scene recover from the pandemic and continue beyond it

May 12, 2020

Back