Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Lulz

165512_10150141702061201_634036200_8267138_8133326_n.jpg

Murano again. My friend lives in the building, even after the inspection and reinforcement of balcony glass, they continue to fall. Definitely a pane in the ass for the residents.

Yeah, I know.

It happened yet again. More falling glass from two balconies on Murano's north tower closing Grosvenor Street until at least Monday while Metro Police and the City investigate. And these clowns want to build 2 X 58s above one of the busiest streets in the city? Denied!

It happened yet again. More falling glass from two balconies on Murano's north tower closing Grosvenor Street until at least Monday while Metro Police and the City investigate. And these clowns want to build 2 X 58s above one of the busiest streets in the city? Denied!

(My First Post on Urban Toronto!)

I live just around the corner (across from 9-21 Grenville St. future condo site) and noticed it happened again also 1 month ago. Honestly, I've been avoiding the sidewalks bordering those 2 buildings.

The Toronto Blog has a post listing a few dates last year and this year when there has been balcony glass break at Murano.

http://thetorontoblog.com/2011/06/21/sidewalk-along-east-side-of-bay-street-taped-off-after-glass-falls-from-murano-condo-towers-again/

I agree..get rid of proposing these ugly cheap curtain glass boxes,
...at the end of the day, a couple of 200 meter Uptown/40 Scott look-a-like structures for that location wouldnt look too bad.:cool:

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Nay, a lot. Two more Uptowns? I'd prefer a parking lot.

Apart from hating its design, it's not even a well executed building; the exterior is so poorly done it borders on offensive. At least pick a less offensive example of the style, such as Stern's 1 St. Thomas.

Anyway, I suppose taste is subjective (unfortunately).

Anyway, I suppose taste is subjective (unfortunately).

Fortunately it is...have a UT vote on it, and i bet you will be surprised.
Sorry, cant pick One St.Thomas to compare cause its one of the nicest buildings in the city...as opposed to Murano, being one of the ugliest and most boring buildings in the city.

Last edited:
I love the glass on the Murano towers (sans the parts that fall to the street every few months), but from there down it's a failure which highly concerns me about Lanterra building on Yonge Street, not to mention a 7-storey, block long parking podium. Imagine College Park only one floor higher, and nearly 1/3rd longer. An oppressive street killer.

Back