Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Are these balcony panels blowing out, suite windows or both? I can see a window boarded up, I'm pretty sure it's on the east side.

Are these balcony panels blowing out, suite windows or both? I can see a window boarded up, I'm pretty sure it's on the east side.

It was a failure of the tempered glass on a couple different balconies over the past year. It is my understanding that Lanterra is currently investigating and will hopefully identify the specific installation issue and rectify the problem. It could possibly be an issue with pressure points in the glass to do with poor framing or a problem with nickel sulphide inclusion during the manufacturing process.

muranonight.jpg

Noticed earlier this evening that they were putting up covered hoarding along the sidewalks surrounding Murano. Maybe related to inspecting/correcting the problem with glass falling to the street?

Another glass panel fell off a balcony on Tuesday. The scaffolding is to protect people walking on the streets from possible injury in case another panel fell off.

Yeah on Tuesday night they had a lane blocked by a cruiser on Bay to divert pedestrians away from the edge of the building.

I hope the quality of glass in Burano is better than this.

I love how the Lanterra sales centre is at the base.

"Come buy a condo from us and get killed by falling glass!" :)

"Dodge the falling glass to win a free condo!"

Yeah on Tuesday night they had a lane blocked by a cruiser on Bay to divert pedestrians away from the edge of the building.

That explains the police tape and cruiser around Murano when I drove past on Tuesday night ~

WOW ... amazing !! more glass falling from a brand new condo ~ it really speaks quality construction huh Lanterra ?? :rolleyes:

I'm not one to defend Lanterra's build quality....but they've built other glass buildings and I haven't heard about falling glass. Did they use a different contractor on Murano or something? This building has had nothing but issue after issue.

My wife and I went in there to look at a condo a while back. The place was positively claustrophobic and there were major workmanship issues. The door would not open or shut, bad paint job, bad carpet install, improperly installed doors...it was a mess. It just feels like they did everything half assed when they built it, so more falling glass does not shock me at all.

I noticed the barricades the other day. How strong are glass railings anyhow? I know they are used everywhere including where I live but you have to wonder what would happen if someone fell against one.

Back