Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Photo taken by a poster on Reddit and IG:

1586968762152.png

Last edited:
It's getting better and better with each addition/improvement! Compared to the Tower, the original heritage building looks dirty, ugly and does not blend well with the Tower. I wonder if the entrance would be be cleaned/sand-blasted to architecturally blend with the Tower.

It's getting better and better with each addition/improvement! Compared to the Tower, the original heritage building looks dirty, ugly and does not blend well with the Tower. I wonder if the entrance would be be cleaned/sand-blasted to architecturally blend with the Tower.
It was already cleaned before they started construction. I can see them cleaning it again though once they wrap up with construction.

The base of the tower would have blended in better with a bit of brick or stone to ease the transition, especially the 3 storey clear glass section on the north side.

It was already cleaned before they started construction. I can see them cleaning it again though once they wrap up with construction.
I don't think you'll be seeing any more work on the heritage exterior: they only clean to the degree that they aren't damaging the stone itself.

The base of the tower would have blended in better with a bit of brick or stone to ease the transition, especially the 3 storey clear glass section on the north side.
I actually like the blend from the heritage building to the modern glass section, rather than mimic something that probably would never match and look like crap,

Back