Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Jan 23, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3401.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3402.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3403.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3404.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3405.jpeg

Is this the new crown lighting I saw from the east end this past weekend?? Looked awesome in the night sky!

Fab shots Red Mars. The first one actually shows the "shotgun marriage" of the (not loved) green north cladding, meeting the white, as pretty cool indeed. Don't mean to discourage complaints but maybe someone had a good idea afterall. Cheers.

The base is a positive surprise - and bears a subtle resemblance to Gehry's IAC building in NYC.

Last edited:
Gosh that North side is just so painful to look at on such an otherwise beautiful building! I wonder if it would of looked slightly better if they had continued the fritted white glass pattern of some sort along the North side so that even without balconies it would of at least matched the other 3 sides? Anyone able to do a mock up?

Gosh that North side is just so painful to look at on such an otherwise beautiful building! I wonder if it would of looked slightly better if they had continued the fritted white glass pattern of some sort along the North side so that even without balconies it would of at least matched the other 3 sides? Anyone able to do a mock up?
I assume they are working on assumption that sooner than later another huge tower will be built immediately to their north so why bother with 'fancy stuff' on that face. Must say it is a great looking building where it really matters and even its worst (north) side is better than the 'best' of many other buildings.

I assume they are working on assumption that sooner than later another huge tower will be built immediately to their north so why bother with 'fancy stuff' on that face. Must say it is a great looking building where it really matters and even its worst (north) side is better than the 'best' of many other buildings.
Very good points!

No, not very good points. There will be no tall building on the immediate north, as has been explained multiple times. The Massey Tower is literally riding the edge of an air ambulance flight path, hence the funny angle and lack of balconies on the north side. No building nearly this tall could be built on the property to the north..

an artisanal coffee shop would be good for the retail portion in the base and would help take the load off Dineen nearby. As a resident in the area, i'd rather that over the Parasuco shown in the renders a while ago IIRC (which of course was a placeholder)

Back