Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

i agree! and considering he is from the UAE, something big is coming here, and 100 storeys doesn't seem like a stretch of the imagination from a person that's from Dubai (yes. dubai is a country in the skyscraper world)...

He's coming down here.... LIKE A BOSS!

This news is amazing. I am jumping for joy. It just means I get to upgrade AURA in about 10 years. :)

Let's not get too excited from one tweeted rumour.

And is this site even physically big enough for a 100+ storey building?

I guess there wouldn't really be any shadowing issues here; although, if it's really 100 stories its shadows would cast pretty far.

Tulse's hunch is right. This is not the site for Synergy. That will be elsewhere in town, and we await further details on that.

This site is not appropriate for anything as high as has been mentioned here, not 100 storeys let alone the 80 storey height that was mentioned earlier. We have two historic bank buildings and tight lots, and whatever does go in will have to be sensitive and practical.

Whoa! People here are getting way ahead of themselves. Not to mention that if the steady march back into another recession continues, the chances of anything built here is probably pretty slim.

From the Toronto Condo Boutique website;

Capturesyn.JPG

I think that Synergy is a genuine project, backed by a developer new to Toronto, from the UAE, and will quite possibly be greater than 100 storeys in height.

On the other hand, I see nothing tying it to this site, and indeed interchange42 (who presumably is in a position to know) has stated that while the project is real, it is not going here.

I have no idea why it was assumed that Synergy would be going to 199/205 Yonge (other than the "Coming this fall to Yonge Street in downtown Toronto" comment).

Crikey! Leave the computer for a few hours, and look what happens!....:D

Back