Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

UD,

Yep. I'm thinking moving the last batch of posts to Real Estate is a very good idea, the debate on whether this project is a good investment.

But for some reason, I'm unable to do it at the moment.

Isnt 4 cranes erected for one project a lot? Dont think I've ever seen that before. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me.

It also seems to be 6 storeys below grade. I thought it was only supposed to be 4?

This project just keeps getting better and better. I love following its progress.

Can anybody tell me what 46% tendered means?

http://canada.pcl.com/projects/Active/0900350/index.aspx

(as of Sept. 13/07)

The Air Canada Centre (ACC) temporary ramp is complete, commissioned and in use by the Air Canada Centre. Two of the four tower cranes have been erected on the north side of the project and footing and slab on grade work has commenced. The project is 6 floors below grade and excavation is continuing down on the south side of the project to arrive at founding level, now that the south side shoring work located in close proximity to the gas main is complete. The remaining tower cranes will be erected in the next few months as scheduled at which time the concrete work at the south end of the project will commence. The project is currently 46% tendered and design and permits are being released in stages corresponding to construction milestones.

Isnt 4 cranes erected for one project a lot? Dont think I've ever seen that before. Thats pretty impressive if you ask me.

4 is not a lot considering there are 2 50+ story towers being built and a very large podium containing the hotel, grocery store, amenities and other bits of retail. If RBC Centre can have 3 cranes for one tower, 4 at MLS is ok.

September 20th

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

Does anybody know the name of this building and what it is used for? Dont like the looks of it one bit. I think it needs to be torn down and made into something new.

DSC02308.jpg

Back