Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

So, do we have any idea what the new front of the ACC will look like, other than to say that it will be a glass atrium. I have seen the plans submitted to city hall, but have there been any renderings?

I saw a rendering but can't remember where i saw it!!!! It looked really nice with a massive glass covered atrium linking the MLS and the Centre.

Here are a few renderings. This is what the outside will look like with the connecting glass tunnel walkway.

maple2.jpg

Below is an artists rendering of what the inside expansion will look like and a description: Developed in conjunction with the future Maple Leaf Square mixed use complex, the expansion creates a new front entrance to the major sports and entertainment venue. A 4 storey atrium building will house new amenities for the existing stadium, including food court, bar and lounge area. Connected via overhead bridge to the proposed Maple Leaf Square, the building will complete the redesigned outdoor plaza intended to become a major gathering place in downtown Toronto.

expansionde2.jpg

Also of interest is that the Air Canada Centre is proposing another lounge/bar on the 200 level to go along with the Air Canada Club lounge/bar. Below are a few more renderings

lounge1.jpg

lounge2.jpg

Here are a few renderings. This is what the outside will look like with the connecting glass tunnel walkway.

maple2.jpg

The latest rendering I saw somewhere (???) showed the two buildings being joined by a massive glass roof with that sky bridge in the middle - sort of a covered square.. wish I could find it!! It looked amazing...

The latest rendering I saw somewhere (???) showed the two buildings being joined by a massive glass roof with that sky bridge in the middle - sort of a covered square.. wish I could find it!! It looked amazing...

Are you talking about this one.....

mls.jpg

Yes it is that one but the version I saw had more detail in the rendering. People and everything else is the same. So, are they going to do a glass covering like the render?

Yes it is that one but the version I saw had more detail in the rendering. People and everything else is the same. So, are they going to do a glass covering like the render?

I would assume they are going to do a glass covering as that picture was taken from the KPMB architects website.

Are they going to re-design the front of the ACC as well? It looks different. What's that huge picture of Chris Bosh about?

Of course they are going to re-design the front of the ACC, its going to be an expansion and a "public square" so it definately wont look like it does now.

Whats wrong with that huge picture of Chris Bosh? The guy is a BEAST!! Its supposed to be showing you what the large screen LCD is going to look like where you will be able to watch highlights of Leafs/Raptors while hanging outside the ACC.

Video screens and arenas are made for each other.

And the south portion? Well, MLSE will be up against the Gardiner just like the ACC is, but MLSE's podium will be a fair bit taller, so more will be seen from farther south.

Anyway, you can't do much about the southern exposure, I mean, the Gardiner's there to stay...

Back