Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Does anybody know the name of this building and what it is used for? Dont like the looks of it one bit. I think it needs to be torn down and made into something new.

DSC02308.jpg

That building is the old Ontario Provincial Police Headquarters. Apparently there is some discussion regarding moving the Toronto Coach Terminal to that site. Hopefully the building would be repurposed and fixed up in such a case, and not torn down.

The pillar-y thing down the street that Dreamer is referring to is the Toronto Harbour Commission Building (now home to the obnoxious Port Authority), and I think he means Queens Quay Terminal in regards to his third favourite building down there. Dreamer: get more sleep.

The old OPP headquarters!? So are you saying it is vacant right now and there is no activity in there whatsoever. What the hell are they waiting for? Crash that thing down or fix it up ASAP!!

I agree with you Croman, it is a very ugly building... surrounded by ugly parking lots, and i don't even think this building deserves a facadectomy! its going to be surrounded by gigantic buildings anyways, so it might as-well become one too!

I love that building, along with the other 2 mentioned - the Harbour Commissioners building (which is one of my fav buildings in the city, not just the waterfront) and the Queens Quay Terminal. It has a very minimalist charm to it. It deservs to stay and be fized up. The parking lots surround it need to go (I say no to a re-located bus terminal), but this one should stay.

That building is the old Ontario Provincial Police Headquarters. Apparently there is some discussion regarding moving the Toronto Coach Terminal to that site. Hopefully the building would be repurposed and fixed up in such a case, and not torn down.

would be a great place for a massive rooftop garden.

I'd like to see the bus terminal located there. But I doubt there would be any money to "tart it up," not from the city. How can we squeeze as much $$ as possible out of the private bus companies who'll benefit from the new location?

and how do we get a massive rooftop garden proposal going.....

10 minutes is a long walk for little old ladies carrying luggage (and the elderly make up a large percentage of Greyhound passengers). A site closer to Union Station would be much preferable.

Bill

I can't see it getting built any closer than the proposed site. Maybe the tunnels could have moving walkways?

DSC02308.jpg

What an unflattering image of Toronto. For now I shall have to maintain my position that south of Front = No Man's Land. Imagine how much cooler the city would be if Toronto Harbour still reached all the way up to Union Station.

Agreed, but on the bright side, this view is going to change radically in the next couple of years, with all the skyscrapers under construction right on that wasteland.

Back