Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

There's a great shot someone posted on Reddit.

Here's the link to it, http://i.imgur.com/bNQgJWn.jpg but I won't repost it because I can never figure out the image rules here and I don't want to get temporary banned again for posting a photo.

Mods I'm sure you'll remove if I've done somethign wrong.

When posting photos that are not your own, just post the source along with the photo: pretty simple.

Meanwhile, these are from earlier today:

DSC09607.jpg
DSC09608.jpg
DSC09609.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09607.jpg
    DSC09607.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC09608.jpg
    DSC09608.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC09609.jpg
    DSC09609.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 347
So they aren't working today and at the rate they are going, York St closure needs to be bump up a week.

If the closure is to remain as plan, the York ramp will see removal once the work gets up to York later this week. This means the whole tear down will be 100% done by May 28 including clean up

Crews could be on site this week or next doing the forming for the last pier top and forming of the ramp before Simcoe. The steel for the new ramp could start to be place toward the end of the month.

If the rate of work for the new road, sidewalk and bike path goes like this demo, the new ramp could be in operation by the end of November.

Can't wait for that unobstructed view of the parking garage once the ramp is down. Huge Improvement. ;)

conoisefromgardiner01jpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

^^^ Not my picture! From Toronto Star Article!

While noise is not desirable at night, it has to be balanced against the duration of work and the public interest in getting it done as soon as possible. And then you have quotes like these that makes you roll your eyes (from the article):

“I’ve never heard anything that loud before, especially from indoors. It was absurd. I can’t even compare it to anything that I’ve experienced.”

Clearly, one haven't experienced much.

AoD

Honestly, chillinz, I reached down into my heart and rummaged around for any sort of sympathy for these people. I came up empty handed.

If the work is ahead of schedule, why ruin people's sleep unnecessarily, as well as ask construction workers to work with artificial rather than natural light?

Because you will never know whether it will fall behind schedule later on. The more padding, the better. And if the whole thing finishes before scheduled completion date, all the better.

AoD

Because you will never know whether it will fall behind schedule later on. The more padding, the better. And if the whole thing finishes before scheduled completion date, all the better.

AoD
I'm not against getting ahead somewhat. But this project seemed well ahead of schedule. I guess as someone who has sleep issues I wouldn't be cavalier with other people's.

Back