Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

A ramp is easy to take down the rest of gardener isn't as you would also have to close lake shore for the duration of it.
You only have to close a section off where the work is taking place.

Worse that can happen is having 2 lanes going east in the eastbound Lake Shore current lanes and one westbound. You can also have 2 lanes going west in the am rush and one east. The section between Cherry St and the Don will have to be completely close both ways.

Would be cool to see the old supports and the new supports in the same picture.

Is rain going to slow demolition down?

Who's going to pay to rebuild the Gardiner?
There is only one pocket and far cheaper to tear it down than rebuild it to keep something in those pockets.

Wow! They are moving fast.

I have to say, traffic across Lake Shore Blvd has actually gotten much quicker since they closed the ramp. I drive this route every day from Liberty Village to Distillery District.

With no traffic dumping out at Bay street, there's no more bottle neck of people trying to get across Lake Shore to Yonge.

It's an enormous improvement.

Wow! They are moving fast.

I have to say, traffic across Lake Shore Blvd has actually gotten much quicker since they closed the ramp. I drive this route every day from Liberty Village to Distillery District.

With no traffic dumping out at Bay street, there's no more bottle neck of people trying to get across Lake Shore to Yonge.

It's an enormous improvement.
The Bay/Lake Shore intersection was a nightmare, and always has been, especially when people start to merge over to the left in order to move up Yonge, and there's car's exiting from that condo on the north side b/t Bay and Yonge.

Glad to hear it's improved.

Have they started to take down any of the huge steel i-beams yet? Will they be cut up or taken away in whole sections?

They took down the section directly on top of Lower Simcoe overnight, and now moving East. They were working all night, and scheduled to work overnight for the rest of the weekend. Couldn't sleep at all. Honestly, I almost never complain about noise or construction. But this is brutal.

I love how out-of-towners tell people who live in downtown to suck it up since we choice to live in Downtown. This shouldn't be "us vs them". We are all humans, and deserve reasonable expectation of comfort in our own homes.

BlogTO has an article up featuring some fantasy renderings from U of T Daniels students which have some neat elements. It's noted in the article that reps from both Planning and WT were in attendance for the students' presentations, so hopefully they've got something more like these in mind rather than, say, a June Callwood Park redux. Either way, fun to envision some interesting possibilities. Images from the article.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/05/new-park-toronto-waterfront-gardiner-off-ramp/

upload_2017-5-6_17-24-41.png

upload_2017-5-6_17-25-0.png

upload_2017-5-6_17-25-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-6_17-24-41.png
    upload_2017-5-6_17-24-41.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 365
  • upload_2017-5-6_17-25-0.png
    upload_2017-5-6_17-25-0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 370
  • upload_2017-5-6_17-25-12.png
    upload_2017-5-6_17-25-12.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 339
They took down the section directly on top of Lower Simcoe overnight, and now moving East. They were working all night, and scheduled to work overnight for the rest of the weekend. Couldn't sleep at all. Honestly, I almost never complain about noise or construction. But this is brutal.

I love how out-of-towners tell people who live in downtown to suck it up since we choice to live in Downtown. This shouldn't be "us vs them". We are all humans, and deserve reasonable expectation of comfort in our own homes.
Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight then!

https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/860974499772157954

Back