Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Crazy. I used to think they were called highway and used for moving goods and people around a city. But car sewers it is. I guess that makes cars the sewage, and the people in them the...
They're necessary infrastructure, just not the place we should be prioritizing people to live. Highways mostly have employment zones as buffers. Peak Toronto to think it is natural to make as many people as possible live within meters of highest concentrations of exhaust, PM2.5, noise stress and high speed vehicular conflicts with vulnerable road users.

The Lassonde Art Trail has a new (to me) website: https://latfoundation.org/

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 9.33.29 PM.png

From GM of Economic Development on LinkedIn:

Toronto residents have been watching North America's biggest public sector infrastructure project coming together at the Port Lands. The Port Lands Flood Protection project, in re-naturalizing the mouth of the Don River, is also creating a new island with 62 acres of accessible parkland.

In this new park, the Lassonde Art Trail will come together - a 4.2 km free, open air destination for major contemporary art from Canada and around the world. The Trail is enabled by the single largest philanthropic donation to the City to advance arts and culture - $25 million from the Pierre Lassonde Foundation, including $10 million for two new monumental public art commissions that will be donated to the City's Public Art Collection.

Stay tuned for more details to come. But if you want a sneak peak at the Port Lands project, please check out the opening of Leslie Lookout Park this Saturday, September 14 from 12 - 3 pm.

2 $5m major art pieces is pretty cool. Can't wait to see what develops there!

Omg, just look at all those emissions…
...not to rain on your "Ah ha!" moment here, but is this not about stuff you can't see that is also harmful? I mean, if science is saying there's an issue even if you can't see it, I tend to err on the side of that science...unless it's my field of expertise where I can confidently debunk their conclusions with substantiated evidence.

Last edited:
City & PFR doing some "Ribbon Cutting" stuff in the PORT LANDS today (Saturday) -

...not to rain on your "Ah ha!" moment here, but is this not about stuff you can't see that is also harmful? I mean, if science is saying there's an issue even if you can't see it, I tend to err on the side of that science...unless it's my field of expertise where I can confidently debunk their conclusions with substantiated evidence.
Just making jokes

@hawc

Gorgeous set (look forward to some from above ;-).

You know you need new reading glasses when you do a triple take at the alien feet photo ... before the lazy brain figures out your toes were under sand. 🐾

Just reading the Twitter post that said this has been in the works for 13 years. Is that rewarding to see it finally come to fruition, or a bit nuts that a little park takes that long to become reality?

Back