Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I wanna say that we all must reeeaaallly hate public bathrooms, but I’ve also seen what the rest of y’all do in there. Anyone complaining about high taxes needs to be asked if they wipe the seat until they cry.

Just reading the Twitter post that said this has been in the works for 13 years. Is that rewarding to see it finally come to fruition, or a bit nuts that a little park takes that long to become reality?

I'd venture that part of it is how badly contaminated the soil in the area has been. The entire rest of the Port Lands redevelopment has taken so long partly because of having to clean the soil of industrial pollutants.

Just reading the Twitter post that said this has been in the works for 13 years. Is that rewarding to see it finally come to fruition, or a bit nuts that a little park takes that long to become reality?

No, the WT competition for the Lower Don Lands was in 2007; the TWRC EA for the Don Mouth was initiated back in 2006 and approved in 2014. That's just the scheme for creating the plans for the new outlet for the river; actual landscape design work on the park proper is a lot less. Also don't forget the project didn't get full funding to proceed to construction stage until 2017.

AoD

I wanna say that we all must reeeaaallly hate public bathrooms, but I’ve also seen what the rest of y’all do in there. Anyone complaining about high taxes needs to be asked if they wipe the seat until they cry.
...because some segments of the population behave like animals when relieving themselves, does not mean we aren't still in need of public washrooms. It's far better than someone leaving a loaf on a park bench because they needed to go in the example. >.<

Back