Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

There are probably numerous reasons why this hasn't started construction such as financing not in place, shoring/demolition/building permits not ready, other renovations to the Sony Centre happening first, ground is frozen so they are waiting till spring to begin excavation or construction details are still being jigged, among many possible reasons. It'll happen when it happens.

Thanks but I'm still very inpatient when it comes to this project for whatever reason. 1 Bloor East ... i can wait but this ... :)

I honestly believe they'd already have financing in place by now ... permits, that's another matter.

Sony center renovations are well underway, every time I walk by I see quite a few people on the inside.

Redesigned or not I still think this building will be great.
Another thing, this in effect *completes* Yonge street downtown i.e. south of Queen/King ... there are no parcels left and it's quite a nice street (with a mixture of old and new), less some needed street landscaping

there is some new hoarding going up along the front of the Sony Centre, right along Front Street....no idea what it is for.....

The hoarding appears to be wrapping around the entire (Sony Centre) site along with large Vanbots Construction signage.

Sumptin' happenin'.

Alright, I'm getting excited now!

Boot or no boot this could shape up to be one of the most interesting projects in a long long time!

From SSC:

Pinkie said:
3258916026_03b3663a43_o.jpg

I wish Torontonians would start humorously nicknaming their buildings. 1 King West would be "the deodorant stick", TD centre would be "2001" and Bay Adelaide would be "Sarah Plain and Tall".

SpeedStick was one of my better rebranding exercises, if I may be so modest as to say.

Beyond the confines of this forum, Torontonians have had a number of nicknames for local buildings - the hangar, the clam shell or the flying saucer ( City Hall ), the mistake by the lake ( Exhibition Stadium ) in particular.

Back