Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Does asking one some general questions about his occupation, an occupation that's made entirely evident on the board, out of interest of possibly getting into that line of work in the future, require one to disclose who he is? Nuh uh.

Does asking one some general questions about his occupation, an occupation that's made entirely evident on the board, out of interest of possibly getting into that line of work in the future, require one to disclose who he is? Nuh uh.
Obviously not.

Fair enough. Operating a crane or other heavy machinery is no free ride. It's hard work but if you think you might have what it takes then you are in demand already. Go to the Operating Engineers Local 793 web site to learn more about operators and the school. In no time at all you will find Join Us.

If you think you could operate a concrete pump or a huge mobile crane or a tower crane or a track hoe or a pile drill or you name it, you need to start at the 793 website. The OETIO is the training wing of the Operating Engineers local 793. It's an excellent school with campuses in Oakville and Morrisburg Ontario. We are very proud of our school.

Last edited:
Wish I were 40 years younger. I would enroll in a heartbeat.

Skyjacked, are you able to say where you will be working next? I'd love to continue to follow you and your pictures.

I've never really known what's next and it often changes at the last minute when you think you do know. Clearly the L Tower will be a tough act to follow.

From my living room:

8221027980_e383b4df36_b.jpg

(larger version here)

8221026704_156434de3e_b.jpg

(larger version here)

Where did you go someMidTowner? You and some others must be holding out on us.

Still kickin' around, just got a crazy new camera and have been churning out a few hundred photos a week. Unfortunately not many have been applicable to construction threads and the rest have been taken for hire. Once the weather warms up and obligations thin out I will be back on the streets wandering for shots more regularly, til then we are lucky enough to have awesome photographers such and Udo and yourself keeping this thread interesting. I will make a point of getting some shots this week, just been really busy as of late.

It’s good to know you’re still paying the bills sMT.

I took a few pictures this morning.

DSCN16842.jpg

DSCN16932.jpg

From east of DVP.

DSCN17152.jpg

From Kingston Road up the hill a bit from Woodbine.

DSCN17302.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shots SkyJacked! Some nice long range shots, they made me start wondering what kind of camera you switched to?

Thanks for that. My most recent camera is a NIKON Coolpix L610. It's quite affordable, just over $200 and the results aren't bad.

DSCN17182.jpg

Seems only fair to say that Udo suggested I look into the Coolpix camera. (Gently nudging me up from a camera phone)

Last edited:

Back